Disbursement Dates and other related information for Financial Aid students
- It’s important that you ENTER and KEEP ATTENDING all of your classes, especially during the first few weeks of school. The financial aid office will be monitoring attendance. If any of your instructors report that you are not regularly attending, your refund check may be delayed!
- If you have a grant or scholarship award in excess of the charges on your account (including tuition, fees, and bookstore charges) your refund check will be mailed once we have verified your continuous attendance in your classes. All checks will be mailed on that day — no earlier release or pick-ups will be allowed. (Check your myPittCC account on the PCC Services tab to be sure we have your correct mailing address). *Remember the amount you receive is what is remaining AFTER tuition, fees, and any bookstore charges are taken out what you have been awarded.*
- One term loans (Example: Fall Only, Spring Only, or Summer Only) will be divided into two disbursements. You will receive 1st half your loan at the beginning of the semester and the 2nd half at the midpoint of the semester. This information is provided on your Direct Loan Acceptance Form that is submitted to request your loan. It’s important for you to read and understand this form before you sign and submit. This will help eliminate some confusion at time of refund disbursement.
- If you officially withdraw or stop attending all classes BEFORE the 60% point of the class, YOUR AID WILL BE REDUCED. You will then owe back all or a portion of your tuition & fees to Pitt Community College, orthe Department of Education, or both. Until the balance owed to PCC is paid, you will be unable to register for classes or receive your PCC transcripts.
- You must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) in order to continue receiving financial aid. This means good grades and regular attendance in all of your classes. PCC offers tutoring, Counseling, and other services that can help you succeed. If you begin to struggle in your classes, contact the Tutoring and Academic Success Center (TASC) right away at (252) 493-7258 or stop by T19 — we are here to help!
|Summer 2019||June 12, 2019|
|July 10, 2019|
|July 24, 2019|
|Fall 2019||September 13, 2019|
|September 26, 2019|
|October 10, 2019|
|November 7, 2019|
|December 5, 2019|
|Spring 2020||February 7, 2020|
|February 20, 2020|
|March 20, 2020|
|April 17, 2020|
|May 5, 2020|
ALL DATES SUBJECT TO CHANGE.