Financial Aid Self Service is here!
PCC Students now have real-time access to their financial aid record via myPittCC. Log in to your myPittCC account and click on “FA Status” to view your most current information.
For more information: Financial Aid Self-Service
For 2017-18 Financial Aid Disbursement Information and Schedule click here.
Your feedback is important to us! Please complete our survey so that we may improve your student experience!
- Year Round Pell Now Available – Contact the Financial Aid Office to see if you qualify.
- SAP Appeal Deadline for the 2018 Fall Term is July 19th, 2018 by 5:00 p.m.
- Homeroom – The Official Blog of the U.S. Department of Education. Search the blog for frequently asked questions about financial aid.
- Follow @FAFSA on Twitter now!!! #AskFAFSA
- Federal Student Aid – Overview of the Financial Aid Process – Subscribe Now
- 7 Easy Steps to the FAFSA – Student Guide to the Free Application for Federal Student Aid
- Student Financial Aid Handbook – A Student’s Guide to the Financial Aid
- Information about Refund Disbursement Checks. Please review policies regarding your refund. Remember, financial aid will not be disbursed until after the class has begun and attendance confirmed by instructor.
Priority Deadlines for Financial Aid
Financial aid will be processed and completed for students who file a FAFSA and turn in all paperwork by the following deadlines:
- Fall 2018 Term – May 15, 2018
- Spring 2019 Term – October 15, 2018
- Summer 2019 Term – March 15, 2019
*Please allow 4 weeks for processing after ALL documentation has been submitted.*
We will continue to review and process applications received after the above dates, but we cannot guarantee that aid will be finalized in time to avoid your having to pay out of pocket for tuition, fees, books, and supplies.
(For first-time borrowers at Pitt CC)
Loan workshops can be completed online.
First time borrowers at PCC are encouraged to complete this informational workshop before completing their loan acceptance form. It is designed to help students become more informed loan borrowers and increase financial literacy.. Please go to http://www.saltmoney.org and complete the Loan Workshop Please click Resources, Choose Courses, Go to Salt Courses, Choose Student Loans, and Complete Student Activities Section. When Complete, click “Get your Certificate.” It is Step 3 on the 2018-19 Direct Loan Acceptance Form.
Schedule a time to meet with the Veterans Affairs Representatives
Filing a Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Appeal
- Students will need to attend a SAP Appeal Workshop at one of the below times in order to receive an appeal packet. The session will no longer be available online.
- Deadline for SAP appeal submission is Thursday, July 19th before 5:00 PM.
- Only submit a SAP appeal if you plan to attend the Fall term. (In general, you only submit an appeal when you plan to attend the immediate NEXT semester).
- Appeal packets with the appropriate documentation must be submitted in person or by mail with the postmark dated on or before 7/19/18. DO NOT FAX OR EMAIL. Mailing address is below.
- Pitt Community College, ATTN: Norma Manning, P.O. Drawer 7007, Greenville NC 27835
- For specific questions, you may email the SAP Appeal Counselor
- Late appeals will not be accepted under any circumstance.
- Students will be notified of the appeal decisions on 8/3/18.
SAP Appeal Sessions Times and Dates
Please choose a time to attend. An appointment is not necessary. Dates and times are subject to change at the discretion of the Financial Aid Office. Sessions will begin promptly at the time stated and will last for one hour. A state issued pictured ID will be needed to sign in the session.
May 24 @ 3:00PM – Location: C.F. Goess 132
May 31 @ 3:00PM – Location: C.F. Goess 132
June 5 @ 10:00AM – Location: C.F. Goess 132
June 7 @ 3:00PM – Location: C.F. Goess 132
June 14 @ 3:00PM – Location: C.F. Goess 132
June 21 @ 3:00PM – Location: C.F. Goess 132
July 5 @ 3:00PM – Location: C.F. Goess 132
July 10 @ 10:00AM and 5:00PM – Location: C.F. Goess 132
July 11 @ 10:00AM – Location: C.F. Goess 132
July 11 @ 3:00PM – Location: Fulford 153
July 12 @ 10:00AM – Location: C.F. Goess 132
July 12 @ 3:00 PM – Location: Fulford 153
* Students who cannot travel to campus for a session, please contact SAP counselor Ms. Norma Manning to discuss other appeal options.
For additional information, please review our Satisfactory Academic Progress FAQ’s.
Get a Tax Transcript
In addition to online orders for tax transcripts, the IRS has provided the ability to print a transcript on demand. Aid applicants who are not able to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool may print tax transcripts at:
To Check Your Award . . .
- Go to our web portal, “myPittCC” and log in using the login instructions available below the login box: “How do I Login?”
- Once you’re logged in, click on “WebAdvisor for Students”, in the “PCC Services” box located to the right.
- Select “Financial Aid” from the menu.
- Select Financial Award letter. Choose year and hit Submit.
- If your award has been processed, it will be detailed here. No award listed?? We may still be processing your file. Check your myPittCC account frequently for updates. Please note that an award letter will also be mailed to youonce your file is complete.
Student Store Information
Visit this page to learn information about the various types of financial aid you may receive through Pitt Community College – including scholarships, grants, federal work study employment, and loans.
Frequently Asked Questions
Some frequently asked questions about financial aid, receiving financial aid, and the financial aid application process. View our Financial Aid FAQs.
Contact the Financial Aid Department if you have a question or problem.