- Year Round Pell Now Available – Contact the Financial Aid Office to see if you qualify.
- SAP Appeal Deadline for the 2018 Fall Term is July 19th, 2018 by 5:00 p.m.
- Homeroom – The Official Blog of the U.S. Department of Education. Search the blog for frequently asked questions about financial aid.
- Follow @FAFSA on Twitter now!!! #AskFAFSA
- Federal Student Aid – Overview of the Financial Aid Process – Subscribe Now
- 7 Easy Steps to the FAFSA – Student Guide to the Free Application for Federal Student Aid
- Student Financial Aid Handbook – A Student’s Guide to the Financial Aid
- Information about Refund Disbursement Checks. Please review policies regarding your refund. Remember, financial aid will not be disbursed until after the class has begun and attendance confirmed by instructor.
Priority Deadlines for Financial Aid
Financial aid will be processed and completed for students who file a FAFSA and turn in all paperwork by the following deadlines:
- Fall 2018 Term – May 15, 2018
- Spring 2019 Term – October 15, 2018
- Summer 2019 Term – March 15, 2019
*Please allow 4 weeks for processing after ALL documentation has been submitted.*
We will continue to review and process applications received after the above dates, but we cannot guarantee that aid will be finalized in time to avoid your having to pay out of pocket for tuition, fees, books, and supplies.
(For first-time borrowers at Pitt CC)
Loan workshops can be completed online.
First time borrowers at PCC are encouraged to complete this informational workshop before completing their loan acceptance form. It is designed to help students become more informed loan borrowers and increase financial literacy.. Please go to http://www.saltmoney.org and complete the Loan Workshop Please click Resources, Choose Courses, Go to Salt Courses, Choose Student Loans, and Complete Student Activities Section. When Complete, click “Get your Certificate.” It is Step 3 on the 2018-19 Direct Loan Acceptance Form.
Schedule a time to meet with the Veterans Affairs Representatives
Filing a Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Appeal
- Students are no longer required to attend an appeal session.
Download the Satisfactory Academic Progress Appeal Request
Sessions listed below are Q&A drop ins. They are NOT required.
- Deadline for SAP appeal submission is Friday, July 26, 2019 before 1:00 PM.
- Only submit a SAP appeal if you plan to attend the FALL 2019 term. (In general, you only submit an appeal when you plan to attend the immediate NEXT semester).
- Appeal packets with the appropriate documentation must be submitted in person or by mail with the postmark dated on or before 7/26/19. DO NOT FAX OR EMAIL. Mailing address is below.
- Pitt Community College, ATTN: Financial Aid, P.O. Drawer 7007, Greenville NC 27835
- Appeals for students not attending the current Summer semester will be reviewed upon receipt. Please allow 7-10 business days for a decision.
- For specific questions, please email PCCSAP@my.pittcc.edu.
- Late appeals will not be accepted under any circumstance.
- Students will be notified of the appeal decisions on 8/9/19.
SAP Appeal Sessions Times and Dates
These are NOT mandatory. Dates and times are subject to change at the discretion of the Financial Aid Office. Sessions will be held for one hour, as an open Q&A forum.
- Thursday, May 30th, 3 pm – 4pm, Location: C.F. Goess 132
- Thursday, June 6th, 3 pm – 4 pm, Location: C.F. Goess 132
- Thursday, June 13th, 3:30 pm – 4:30 pm, Location: C.F. Goess 132
- Thursday, June 20th, 3 pm – 4 pm, Location: C.F. Goess 132
- Thursday, June 27th, 3 pm – 4 pm, Location: C.F. Goess 132
- Wednesday, July 3rd, 3 pm – 4 pm, Location: C.F. Goess 132
- Thursday, July 11th, 3 pm – 4 pm, Location: C.F. Goess 132
- Thursday, July 18th, 3:30 pm – 4:30 pm, Location: C.F. Goess 132
- Tuesday, July 23rd, 3 pm – 4 pm, Location: C.F. Goess 132
- Wednesday, July 24th, 3 pm – 4 pm, Location: C.F. Goess 132
For additional information, please review our Satisfactory Academic Progress FAQ’s.
Get a Tax Transcript
In addition to online orders for tax transcripts, the IRS has provided the ability to print a transcript on demand. Aid applicants who are not able to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool may print tax transcripts at:
To Check Your Award . . .
- Go to our web portal, “myPittCC” and log in using the login instructions available below the login box: “How do I Login?”
- Once you’re logged in, click on “WebAdvisor for Students”, in the “PCC Services” box located to the right.
- Select “Financial Aid” from the menu.
- Select Financial Award letter. Choose year and hit Submit.
- If your award has been processed, it will be detailed here. No award listed?? We may still be processing your file. Check your myPittCC account frequently for updates. Please note that an award letter will also be mailed to youonce your file is complete.
Student Store Information
Visit this page to learn information about the various types of financial aid you may receive through Pitt Community College – including scholarships, grants, federal work study employment, and loans.
Frequently Asked Questions
Some frequently asked questions about financial aid, receiving financial aid, and the financial aid application process. View our Financial Aid FAQs.
Contact the Financial Aid Department if you have a question or problem.Students are no longer required to attend an appeal session. The appeal form is available HERE (hyperlink to attached PDF) or under the “Forms” page. Sessions listed below are Q&A drop ins. They are NOT required.3pm – 4pm, Location: C.F.Goess 132