Priority Deadlines for Financial Aid
Financial aid will be processed and completed for students who file a FAFSA and turn in all paperwork by the following deadlines:
- Summer 2021 Term – March 15, 2021 (2020-2021 FAFSA form)
- Fall 2021 Term – May 15, 2021 (2021-2022 FAFSA form)
- Spring 2022 – October 15, 2021 (2021-2022 FAFSA form)
*Once you submit your FAFSA to PCC, we will receive it within 3-5 days and will contact you with any further updates. Please check your Portal/email for additional documentation required.*
We will continue to review and process applications received after the above dates, but we cannot guarantee that aid will be finalized in time to avoid your having to pay out of pocket for tuition, fees, books, and supplies.
Please join the Financial Aid Staff virtually for assistance with completing your 2021-2022 FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). Sessions are held on the first Monday of every month and will be held via Zoom. Students/parents will have the opportunity to break out into a private session with PCC representatives to complete the application. Registration is strongly encouraged prior to your desired session. You are not required to attend the full 2 hours. You may “enter” the session any time between 5pm-6:30pm. Download the flyer.
- Monday, May 3 from 5pm-7pm >> Register Now
What do you need to be prepared?
- Your FSA ID and password >> How to Create an FSA ID
- Your parent’s FSA ID and password
- Your 2019 taxes and/or 2019 W2s if you worked (If you did not work or file taxes, you do not need this information)
- Your parent’s 2019 taxes (If you are under the age of 24, you most likely need your parent’s information to complete the FAFSA. If you have special circumstances where you cannot provide that information, please let us know during your session)
- It is very important that you retrieve or create your FSA ID and password for yourself and your parent at least 3 days prior to your scheduled session. You can retrieve or create one at https://FSAID.ed.gov.
- You will be completing the FAFSA during the Zoom session so it is recommended that you are using or by a computer during the Zoom. To access the FAFSA, please go to https://FAFSA.ed.gov.
Did you know there is a mobile app for FAFSA? Students and parents can complete the FAFSA using the myStudentAid Mobile App.
Download app from Google Play.
Download app from Apple.
Filing a Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Appeal
- Students are no longer required to attend an appeal session. Sessions listed below are Q&A drop ins. They are NOT required.
- Deadline for Summer 2021 SAP appeal submission is April 30, 2021 at 5:00 PM.
- Only submit a SAP appeal if you plan to attend the SUMMER 2021 term. (In general, you only submit an appeal when you plan to attend the immediate NEXT semester).
- Appeal packets with the appropriate documentation may be submitted by mail with the postmark dated on or before April 30, 2021. Mailing address is:
Pitt Community College, ATTN: Financial Aid, P.O. Drawer 7007, Greenville NC 27835. Appeal packets may also be submitted by email to PCCSAP@my.pittcc.edu or fax at 252-321-4201. Appeals for students not attending the current Spring semester will be reviewed upon receipt. Please allow 7-10 business days for a decision.
- For specific questions, please email PCCSAP@my.pittcc.edu.
- Late appeals will not be accepted under any circumstance.
- Decisions for students not currently enrolled will be emailed to your PCC email in 7-10 business days. Currently enrolled students will receive their decision via PCC email by May 21, 2021 by 5:00 PM.
SAP Appeal Sessions Times and Dates
IMPORTANT NOTICE: DUE TO THE CORONAVIRUS AND CHANGES IN CAMPUS ACTIVITIES, ALL SAP APPEAL SESSIONS ARE BEING CANCELLED EFFECTIVE MARCH 16, 2020 UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. PLEASE CHECK BACK FOR FUTURE UPDATES.
For additional information, please review our Satisfactory Academic Progress FAQ’s.
Get a Tax Transcript
In addition to online orders for tax transcripts, the IRS has provided the ability to print a transcript on demand. Aid applicants who are not able to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool may print tax transcripts at:
To Check Your Award . . .
- Go to our web portal, “myPittCC” and log in using the login instructions available below the login box: “How do I Login?”
- Once you’re logged in, click on “WebAdvisor for Students”, in the “PCC Services” box located to the right.
- Select “Financial Aid” from the menu.
- Select Financial Award letter. Choose year and hit Submit.
- If your award has been processed, it will be detailed here. No award listed?? We may still be processing your file. Check your myPittCC account frequently for updates. Please note that an award letter will also be mailed to you once your file is complete.
Visit this page to learn information about the various types of financial aid you may receive through Pitt Community College – including scholarships, grants, federal work study employment, and loans.
Frequently Asked Questions
Some frequently asked questions about financial aid, receiving financial aid, and the financial aid application process. View our Financial Aid FAQs.
Contact the Financial Aid Department if you have a question or a problem. We are located in the Goess Student Center, Room 100.