Priority Deadlines for Financial Aid
Financial aid will be processed and completed for students who file a FAFSA and turn in all paperwork by the following deadlines:
- Fall 2021 Term – May 15, 2021 (2021-2022 FAFSA form)
- Spring 2022 – October 15, 2021 (2021-2022 FAFSA form)
*Once you submit your FAFSA to PCC, we will receive it within 3-5 days and will contact you with any further updates. Please check your Portal/email for additional documentation required.*
We will continue to review and process applications received after the above dates, but we cannot guarantee that aid will be finalized in time to avoid your having to pay out of pocket for tuition, fees, books, and supplies.
Did you know there is a mobile app for FAFSA? Students and parents can complete the FAFSA using the myStudentAid Mobile App.
Download app from Google Play.
Download app from Apple.
Filing a Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Appeal
- Students are no longer required to attend an appeal session. Sessions listed below are Q&A drop ins. They are NOT required.
- Spring 2022 appeals are now available.
- Only submit a SAP appeal if you plan to attend the SPRING 2022 term. (In general, you only submit an appeal when you plan to attend the immediate NEXT semester).
- Appeal packets with the appropriate documentation may be submitted by mail with the postmark dated on or before December 10, 2021. Mailing address is:
Pitt Community College, ATTN: Financial Aid, P.O. Drawer 7007, Greenville NC 27835. Appeal packets may also be submitted by email to PCCSAP@my.pittcc.edu or fax at 252-321-4201. Appeals for students not attending the current FALL semester will be reviewed upon receipt. Please allow 7-10 business days for a decision.
- For specific questions, please email PCCSAP@my.pittcc.edu.
- Late appeals will not be accepted under any circumstance.
- Decisions for students not currently enrolled will be emailed to your PCC email in 7-10 business days. Currently enrolled students will receive their decision via PCC email by December 21, 2021 by 5:00 PM.
For additional information, please review our Satisfactory Academic Progress FAQ’s.
Get a Tax Transcript
In addition to online orders for tax transcripts, the IRS has provided the ability to print a transcript on demand. Aid applicants who are not able to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool may print tax transcripts at:
To Check Your Award . . .
- Go to our web portal, “myPittCC” and log in using the login instructions available below the login box: “How do I Login?”
- Once you’re logged in, click on “WebAdvisor for Students”, in the “PCC Services” box located to the right.
- Select “Financial Aid” from the menu.
- Select Financial Award letter. Choose year and hit Submit.
- If your award has been processed, it will be detailed here. No award listed?? We may still be processing your file. Check your myPittCC account frequently for updates. Please note that an award letter will also be mailed to you once your file is complete.
Visit this page to learn information about the various types of financial aid you may receive through Pitt Community College – including scholarships, grants, federal work study employment, and loans.
Frequently Asked Questions
Some frequently asked questions about financial aid, receiving financial aid, and the financial aid application process. View our Financial Aid FAQs.
Contact the Financial Aid Department if you have a question or a problem. We are located in the Goess Student Center, Room 100.