Priority Deadlines for Financial Aid
Financial aid will be processed and completed for students who file a FAFSA and turn in all paperwork by the following deadlines:
- Fall 2022 Term: May 15, 2022 (2022-2023 FAFSA form)
- Spring 2023: October 15, 2022 (2022-2023 FAFSA form)
*Once you submit your FAFSA to PCC, we will receive it within 3-5 days and will contact you with any further updates. Please check your Portal/email for additional documentation required.*
We will continue to review and process applications received after the above dates, but we cannot guarantee that aid will be finalized in time to avoid your having to pay out of pocket for tuition, fees, books, and supplies.
Did you know there is a mobile app for FAFSA? Students and parents can complete the FAFSA using the myStudentAid Mobile App.
Download app from Google Play.
Download app from Apple.
Filing a Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Appeal
- The Fall 2022 Appeal is now available. Deadline to submit the Fall 2022 SAP Appeal is Friday, July 22nd by 1:00 P.M.
- Only submit a SAP appeal if you plan to attend the upcoming Fall 2022 semester. (In general, you only submit an appeal when you plan to attend the immediate NEXT semester).
- Appeal packets with the appropriate documentation may be submitted by mail with the postmark dated on or before the July 22nd, 2022 deadline. Mailing address is: Pitt Community College, ATTN: Financial Aid, P.O. Drawer 7007, Greenville NC 27835. Appeal packets may also be submitted by email to PCCSAP@my.pittcc.edu or fax at 252-321-4201. Appeal packets may also be turned in to the Financial Aid Office located in the Goess Student Center Room 100.
- For specific questions, please email PCCSAP@my.pittcc.edu.
- Late appeals will not be accepted under any circumstance.
- Decisions for students not currently enrolled for the Summer 2022 semester will be emailed to your PCC email in 7-10 business days.
- Currently enrolled students will receive their decision via PCC email at the end of this Summer term on August 11th, 2022 after grades are finalized.
For additional information, please review our Satisfactory Academic Progress FAQ’s.
Get a Tax Transcript
In addition to online orders for tax transcripts, the IRS has provided the ability to print a transcript on demand. Aid applicants who are not able to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool may print tax transcripts at:
To Check Your Award . . .
- Go to our web portal, “myPittCC” and log in using the login instructions available below the login box: “How do I Login?”
- Once you’re logged in, click on “WebAdvisor for Students”, in the “PCC Services” box located to the right.
- Select “Financial Aid” from the menu.
- Select Financial Award letter. Choose year and hit Submit.
- If your award has been processed, it will be detailed here. No award listed?? We may still be processing your file. Check your myPittCC account frequently for updates. Please note that an award letter will also be mailed to you once your file is complete.
Visit this page to learn information about the various types of financial aid you may receive through Pitt Community College – including scholarships, grants, federal work study employment, and loans.
Frequently Asked Questions
Some frequently asked questions about financial aid, receiving financial aid, and the financial aid application process. View our Financial Aid FAQs.
Contact the Financial Aid Department if you have a question or a problem. We are located in the Goess Student Center, Room 100.2