Priority Deadlines for Financial Aid
Financial aid will be processed and completed for students who file a FAFSA and turn in all paperwork by the following deadlines:
- Fall 2019 Term – May 15, 2019
- Spring 2020 Term – October 15, 2019
- Summer 2020 Term – March 15, 2020
*Please allow 4 weeks for processing after ALL documentation has been submitted.*
We will continue to review and process applications received after the above dates, but we cannot guarantee that aid will be finalized in time to avoid your having to pay out of pocket for tuition, fees, books, and supplies.
Filing a Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Appeal
- Students are no longer required to attend an appeal session.
Download the Satisfactory Academic Progress Appeal Request
Sessions listed below are Q&A drop ins. They are NOT required.
- Deadline for SAP appeal submission is Friday, July 26, 2019 before 1:00 PM.
- Only submit a SAP appeal if you plan to attend the FALL 2019 term. (In general, you only submit an appeal when you plan to attend the immediate NEXT semester).
- Appeal packets with the appropriate documentation must be submitted in person or by mail with the postmark dated on or before 7/26/19. DO NOT FAX OR EMAIL. Mailing address is below.
- Pitt Community College, ATTN: Financial Aid, P.O. Drawer 7007, Greenville NC 27835
- Appeals for students not attending the current Summer semester will be reviewed upon receipt. Please allow 7-10 business days for a decision.
- For specific questions, please email PCCSAP@my.pittcc.edu.
- Late appeals will not be accepted under any circumstance.
- Students will be notified of the appeal decisions on 8/9/19.
SAP Appeal Sessions Times and Dates
These are NOT mandatory. Dates and times are subject to change at the discretion of the Financial Aid Office. Sessions will be held for one hour, as an open Q&A forum.
- Thursday, May 30th, 3 pm – 4pm, Location: C.F. Goess 132 – CLOSED
- Thursday, June 6th, 3 pm – 4 pm, Location: C.F. Goess 132 – CLOSED
- Thursday, June 13th, 3:30 pm – 4:30 pm, Location: C.F. Goess 132 – CLOSED
- Thursday, June 20th, 3 pm – 4 pm, Location: C.F. Goess 132 – CLOSED
- Thursday, June 27th, 3 pm – 4 pm, Location: C.F. Goess 132 – CLOSED
- Wednesday, July 3rd, 3 pm – 4 pm, Location: C.F. Goess 132 – CLOSED
- Thursday, July 11th, 3 pm – 4 pm, Location: C.F. Goess 132 – CLOSED
- Thursday, July 18th, 3:30 pm – 4:30 pm, Location: C.F. Goess 132 – CLOSED
- Tuesday, July 23rd, 3 pm – 4 pm, Location: C.F. Goess 132 – CLOSED
- Wednesday, July 24th, 3 pm – 4 pm, Location: C.F. Goess 132 – CLOSED
For additional information, please review our Satisfactory Academic Progress FAQ’s.
Get a Tax Transcript
In addition to online orders for tax transcripts, the IRS has provided the ability to print a transcript on demand. Aid applicants who are not able to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool may print tax transcripts at:
To Check Your Award . . .
- Go to our web portal, “myPittCC” and log in using the login instructions available below the login box: “How do I Login?”
- Once you’re logged in, click on “WebAdvisor for Students”, in the “PCC Services” box located to the right.
- Select “Financial Aid” from the menu.
- Select Financial Award letter. Choose year and hit Submit.
- If your award has been processed, it will be detailed here. No award listed?? We may still be processing your file. Check your myPittCC account frequently for updates. Please note that an award letter will also be mailed to you once your file is complete.
Visit this page to learn information about the various types of financial aid you may receive through Pitt Community College – including scholarships, grants, federal work study employment, and loans.
Frequently Asked Questions
Some frequently asked questions about financial aid, receiving financial aid, and the financial aid application process. View our Financial Aid FAQs.
Contact the Financial Aid Department if you have a question or a problem. We are located in the Goess Student Center, Room 132.