Priority Deadlines for Financial Aid
Financial aid will be processed and completed for students who file a FAFSA and turn in all paperwork by the following deadlines:
- Fall 2020 Term – May 15, 2020
*Please allow 4 weeks for processing after ALL documentation has been submitted.*
We will continue to review and process applications received after the above dates, but we cannot guarantee that aid will be finalized in time to avoid your having to pay out of pocket for tuition, fees, books, and supplies.
FAFSA Nights are on hold!
IMPORTANT NOTICE: DUE TO THE CORONAVIRUS AND CHANGES IN CAMPUS ACTIVITIES, ALL FAFSA NIGHTS ARE BEING CANCELLED EFFECTIVE MARCH 16, 2020 UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. PLEASE CHECK BACK FOR FUTURE UPDATES.
For additional information, please contact the financial aid office.
Filing a Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Appeal
- Students are no longer required to attend an appeal session.
Complete the Satisfactory Academic Progress Appeal Request HERE.
Sessions listed below are Q&A drop ins. They are NOT required.
- Deadline for Spring 2021 SAP appeal submission is December 4, 2020 at 5:00 PM.
- Only submit a SAP appeal if you plan to attend the SPRING 2021 term. (In general, you only submit an appeal when you plan to attend the immediate NEXT semester).
- Appeal packets with the appropriate documentation must be submitted in person or by mail with the postmark dated on or before December 4, 2020. Mailing address is below:
- Pitt Community College, ATTN: Financial Aid, P.O. Drawer 7007, Greenville NC 27835. Appeals for students not attending the current Spring semester will be reviewed upon receipt. Please allow 7-10 business days for a decision.
- For specific questions, please email PCCSAP@my.pittcc.edu.
- Late appeals will not be accepted under any circumstance.
- Decisions for students not currently enrolled will be emailed to your PCC email in 7-10 business days. Currently enrolled students will receive their decision via PCC email by December 22nd, 2020 by 5:00 PM.
SAP Appeal Sessions Times and Dates
IMPORTANT NOTICE: DUE TO THE CORONAVIRUS AND CHANGES IN CAMPUS ACTIVITIES, ALL SAP APPEAL SESSIONS ARE BEING CANCELLED EFFECTIVE MARCH 16, 2020 UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. PLEASE CHECK BACK FOR FUTURE UPDATES.
These are NOT mandatory. Dates and times will be posted as soon as new ones are available; dates are subject to change at the discretion of the Financial Aid Office. Sessions will be held for one hour, as an open Q&A forum.
For additional information, please review our Satisfactory Academic Progress FAQ’s.
Get a Tax Transcript
In addition to online orders for tax transcripts, the IRS has provided the ability to print a transcript on demand. Aid applicants who are not able to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool may print tax transcripts at:
To Check Your Award . . .
- Go to our web portal, “myPittCC” and log in using the login instructions available below the login box: “How do I Login?”
- Once you’re logged in, click on “WebAdvisor for Students”, in the “PCC Services” box located to the right.
- Select “Financial Aid” from the menu.
- Select Financial Award letter. Choose year and hit Submit.
- If your award has been processed, it will be detailed here. No award listed?? We may still be processing your file. Check your myPittCC account frequently for updates. Please note that an award letter will also be mailed to you once your file is complete.
Visit this page to learn information about the various types of financial aid you may receive through Pitt Community College – including scholarships, grants, federal work study employment, and loans.
Frequently Asked Questions
Some frequently asked questions about financial aid, receiving financial aid, and the financial aid application process. View our Financial Aid FAQs.
Contact the Financial Aid Department if you have a question or a problem. We are located in the Goess Student Center, Room 100.