Students Seeking a Change of Status

Non-immigrants with a valid visa (F-2, J-1, J-2, H-4, B1, or B2) and currently in the United States may apply for a change of status to F-1 to take classes as a full-time student. Applicants must go through the same process as a new F-1 student in addition to processing the change of status request with USCIS. Click the links below for more information on how to begin the change of status process.

Change from B-1 or B-2 visa to F visa

Change from F-2, J-1, or J-2 visa to F visa