Troubleshooting tips for logging in to myPittCC
- Review the login instructions. Note the part that refers to having no middle initial, realizing that if no middle initial is being used in username, then it will also not be included in your default password.
- Verify your username using our UserName lookup feature.
- Make sure you are not using any capital letters. Your Caps Lock might be engaged on your keyboard, so make sure it is not.
- Assure that you are not using any spaces between letters or numbers.
- Make sure you are not using the letter “o” instead of the correct number “0” for numbers.
- Be sure you are using SEVEN digits for your PCC I.D. number (add zeros to the beginning if necessary to make it SEVEN digits). If you are a student, you can confirm your PCC I.D. number with the Registrar’s Office at 252-493-7232 (for security reasons, we cannot give you that number here in Technical Support). PCC employees can confirm their PCC I.D. number with Human Resources.
- Make sure that you are trying to log in at my.pittcc.edu, and not another address.
- If you are getting a “bad session” error, do NOT hit the back button; instead, do as it directs to click the link it provides near the error message.
- Try clearing your browser history (cache, cookies, history, etc.)., then close your browser, and re-open it.
- Try a different browser or device as it may be a problem with your device, connection, or personal system software.
If, after working through all of the above steps, you still cannot log in to myPittCC, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred method) or 252-493-7487 if email is not an option for you. If we find an issue with your account, we will reset your password to the original default setting or work on your account if the password is already set to the original default setting. However, if we determine that your original, default login information works here for us, and you have worked through all of the above steps, you will need to seek assistance with someone directly on a computer where you can attempt logging in. You can go by the Technical Support Helpdesk located in the Vernon White Building during PCC Business hours. You can also ask for hands-on assistance at other various locations on PCC Campus such as the PCC Library, your instructor(s), your advisor, your supervisor, the Academic Skills Lab in Trailer 19, other computer labs, or Enrollment Services in the Goess Building.