NCRC Benefits for Employers
ACT WorkKeys® Assessments are the cornerstone of ACT workforce solutions. The assessments measure foundational skills required for success in the workplace, and help measure the workplace skills that can affect job performance. WorkKeys assessments are:
- Relevant—WorkKeys® assessments are developed to solve actual workplace problems. Unlike other assessments, they don’t simply give an indication of reading and writing competency. Instead, they measure a range of hard and soft skills relevant to any occupation, at any level, and across industries.
- Recognized—Successful completion of WorkKeys core assessments can lead to earning an ACT WorkKeys® National Career Readiness Certificate™ (ACT WorkKeys NCRC®)—a credential that verifies the skills found to be most essential across industries and occupations. Tens of thousands of employers recognize the value of the NCRC, and many recommend the credential to candidates.
Each assessment offers varying levels of difficulty. The levels build on each other, incorporating the skills assessed at the previous levels. For example, at Level 5, individuals need the skills from Levels 3, 4, and 5. The complexity increases as the quantity and/or density of the information increases.
Assessments are web-based and most take one hour. They are offered in both English and Spanish.
National Career Readiness Certificate
Individuals who successfully complete the three WorkKeys Assessments—Applied Math, Graphic Literacy, and Workplace Documents—earn the WorkKeys National Career Readiness Certificate® (WorkKeysNCRC®), a valuable credential for students and job seekers seeking to verify foundational workplace skills. ACT WorkKeys also offers additional assessments to measure interests, values, and behaviors that can lead to greater job satisfaction. When you require or recommend the ACT WorkKeys NCRC from your applicants, you’ll tap into the most qualified labor pool in your area.
Case studies and Research show that employers benefit from understanding and using the ACT WorkKeys NCRC. Benefits include:
- Better quality hire
- Reduced turnover
- Reduction in time to hire
- Shortened training periods
- Increased performance ratings for skilled workers
- Improved employee morale
- Decreased operator error
- Improving promotional procedures
Read about ACT WorkKeys Success Stories and Research here.
Job Profiling uses a focus group process to determine specific WorkKeys skills and skill levels for a particular job. Through a job analysis employers receive a report with a customized task list and skill levels related to specific work examples. Job Profiling is an EEOC-compliant process that can be used to support hiring, promotion, and training decisions.
A Job Profile:
> Provides a direct link between the job and assessments
> Facilitated by an ACT-authorized job profiler
> Encourages buy-in and goodwill from employees
> Provides a detailed, customized report for informed decision making
> Generates a customized task list that can be used to develop training or
performance management instruments and other tools.