- What is Adobe Certification?
Adobe certification is the professional designation that comes with passing the “Adobe Certified Associate” or “Adobe Certified Expert,” depending on the level of the exam. You can display this badge on your website, portfolio or professional profile, which signals to clients and employers that you are highly skilled in the most commonly used creative tools.
- Why get Adobe Certified?
Adobe certification can help you land a job or pick up new clients. In today’s crowded job market, there are millions of creative professionals like editors, graphic designers and web designers vying for the same positions; Adobe certification helps you stay ahead of the pack.
- What programs are best for Adobe certification?
Most creative professionals use a collection of software that was once known as the Adobe Creative Suite: Dreamweaver, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and Animate. These programs now live on the Adobe Creative Cloud (CC), but are still the best bet for getting Adobe certified.
- Be prepared to take and pass the Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) exams for Dreamweaver, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and Animate
- Learn about typography and formatting text
- Create and optimize images
- Configure and create web technologies
- Get comfortable with the CC user interface in all five programs
- Work with drawing tools
- Prepare files for output
- Learn about styles and templates
- Learn skills to work with team projects
There are no specific prerequisites for taking this course.