- Do you need a certification to work as an Accounts Payable Manager?
While a certification is not required to work as an accounts payable manager, the Accounts Payable Manager Certification from the Institute of Finance and Management (IOFM) is the gold standard of in the AP sector. This certification is highly-recognized and held by more than 25,000 accounts payable professionals the private, public, and non-profit sectors.
- Why should Accounts Managers get certified?
Accounts payable managers oversee all payable operations for an organization such as ensuring ledgers maintenance; analyzing and reporting on forecasts; training and mentoring AR and AP clerks; investigating non-payment situations and negotiating resolution terms; and implementing operational improvements. This certification demonstrates that you understand the best practices needed to succeed in this high profile AP role, as well as your commitment to accuracy and compliance.
- Does this course prepare me for certification?
Yes. This Accounts Payable Manager Certification training course will prepare you for the IOFM’s APM exam. An exam voucher may be provided as part of the course to sit for the exam upon eligibility.
- Be fully prepared to take sit for the Accounts Payable Manager certification exam
- Gain strategies for making your department more cost efficient
- Understand how to implement technology and automation tools effectively
- Align your goals with those of organization stakeholders
- Lead process improvement initiatives within an AP function
There are no specific prerequisites for taking this course. However, to be eligible for the APM certification, you must meet the following criteria:
- No degree = 5 years of related work experience
- 2-year degree = 4 years of related work experience
- 4-year degree = 2 years of related work experience
- Advanced degree = 1 year of related work experience