Policies and Guidelines
The use of the Coburn Center and its respective activities are a privilege for all eligible customers. Inappropriate actions and/or failure to follow guidelines can result in the loss of your privilege to visit and/or use the Coburn Center. All qualified customers that are determined eligible to use the Coburn Center do so on a voluntary basis. Furthermore, it is the full responsibility of the customer to ensure they are able to begin and participate in exercise and other activities offered through the Coburn Center. All customers are strongly reminded that they should consult their physician prior to initiating any exercise or other related activities. PCC carries no medical insurance for its customers, and therefore the responsibility of maintaining health insurance and/or providing for any medical expense is the full responsibility of the customer. Each customer must register to use the Center and assumes ALL responsibility for injury while in the Center, participating in activities and/or interacting with any equipment in the Center. The user agrees to release PCC and agents from all liability and responsibility for potential injury that may occur as a result of voluntary participation. Furthermore, the customer understands that merely being in the environment of the Center and activities related to the programs of the Center poses certain risks (stray balls, etc.) and assumes any and all risks on a voluntary basis.
Other pertinent information you MUST UNDERSTAND and ADHERE TO:
- You must presently be registered AND attending classes (PCC Students that have paid their fees and in which their classes have started) to meet the minimum eligibility requirements to utilize the Center.
- You must sign in and place your valid PCC ID card (box) at the Coburn Center Customer Service desk each time you enter the Center.
- Be dressed in or immediately dress into appropriate attire: Customer Service has the right to deem certain forms of clothing to be inappropriate. Appropriate clothes are as follows:
• Shorts or pants made for exercising with no buttons, rivets or belt loops, etc.
• Full T-Shirts with no buttons, etc.
• Closed-toe athletic shoes with non-marking soles (no dress shoes, boots, cleats, sandals/flops)
- Follow ALL Coburn Center Guidelines, including the following:
- No dunking (pushing the ball through the goal), grabbing, or hanging on the net or rim.
- No food, tobacco, candy/gum, or drink (except for bottled water, plastic bottles only).
- No wheeled objects are allowed in the Center except for assistive devices.
- No loitering.
- No personal bags are to be taken upstairs or into any exercise area for any reason.
- No music (except personal audio players with earphones that no one else can hear).
- Enter and exit through the Customer Service Entrance Only.
- Play fair, have fun, respect fellow customers, and share equipment.
- Clean up your equipment and area after use. Restore/replace all weights and other equipment prior to leaving the specific workout area.
- Use no expletives (profanity or obscenity).
- Use cardio equipment for a maximum of 30 minutes if others are waiting for the equipment.
- Make sure and lock up your items if you choose to use the lockers and remove the lock and contents prior to leaving the Center.
- Please report any damage to equipment that you notice, any personal injury, suspicious behavior, personal offenses, or advances to you or others to the Coburn Center Staff immediately.
- Immediately respond to any direction provided by Instructors/Center Staff/Coaches.
FAILURE TO HEED AND ADHERE TO THESE POLICIES AND GUIDELINES AND ANY OTHER DIRECTIVE GIVEN BY PCC STAFF/FACULTY WILL CAUSE YOU TO LOSE YOUR PRIVILEGE OF USE, AND YOU WILL BE ASKED TO GATHER YOUR BELONGINGS AND LEAVE THE PREMISES IMMEDIATELY.