What is TASC?
- The Tutorial and Academic Success Center (TASC) helps students become better writers and learners.
- FREE tutoring is offered for students in a variety of subjects, including math, English and science.
The mission of TASC is to provide quality tutoring services to ensure student success.
Delivery of Tutoring Services
As of March 23, 2020, TASC has shifted tutoring appointments to online. We are no longer offering walk-in hours, and students are strongly discouraged from dropping by T-19, T-21 or Williams 130. We are trying to limit the number of people in our centers to stop the spread of COVID-19.
We are now providing tutoring to students in several ways:
- Online tutoring – for information about online tutoring, please click here.
- Virtual walk-in hours – We are also offering virtual walk-in hours using Google Hangouts. For more information, click here.
- Smarthinking – We also are offering after-hours online tutoring through Smarthinking, which can be accessed through Moodle. For more information about Smarthinking online tutoring, click here.
To learn more about the services available from a specific center, please click the links below:
How to Get Connected with a Tutor
There are several ways you can get connected with the services that TASC provides. To make an appointment, you can:
Courses Available for Tutorial Assistance
Tutorial assistance is offered in most required subjects such as English, math, biology, and accounting. Tutors are available in the following courses:
- ACC 111, 120, 121
- BIO 094 – 169
- BUS 110 – 121
- CHM 094 – 151
- CIS 070 – 111
- ENG (all courses)
- MAT (all courses)
- MED 121 – 122
- PSY 150 – 281
- SPA 111 – 220