Resumes & Documents
Resume and Other Documents
Your resume and other career related documents are crucial to your job search success. They are a representation of who you are and what you offer to employers–your strengths, skills, and talents.
Before you formally meet an employer, your first introduction may be through your resume and cover letter.
A general resume can be submitted for any position but Career Services recommends that you craft your resume so it is targeted to a particular job or industry.
- Please research the company before crafting your resume.
- Your resume should be error-free with proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Your resume should be easy to read (10-12 point font) and consist of a SINGLE PAGE.
- Include keywords from the job description you are applying for.
- Quantify you results, if possible.
Career Services has a wide variety of resources to help create your resume, cover letter, and thank you letter.
Please call to schedule an appointment and bring in a printed copy of your resume and/or cover letter and a member of our staff will review it and make suggestions.