Steps to Becoming a Bulldog
While your orientation session will cover important aspects of being a new student, there are steps you need to take prior to attending your orientation session. Review the following steps carefully and contact email@example.com if you have any questions.
1. Placement Testing and Exceptions
Placement test requirements must be met prior to attending a New Student Orientation session. While completion of the test is mandatory, there are multiple ways of waiving out of meeting the waiver requirements exempt from taking the placement test.
For operating hours, testing information and study resources, please visit Placement Testing at PCC or contact the testing office at 252-493-7561 with any questions.
- Criteria on your high school transcript can waive you from completing a placement test through the North Carolina Community College System Multiple Measures guideline. Please click here to review the requirements for Multiple Measures. Submission of your official high school transcript is required in order to qualify for this waiver.
- If you have completed the SAT or ACT, your test scores can waive you from completing the placement test. Please click here to review the minimum scores needed for you to be waived. Your official SAT/ACT test scores can be sent to the PCC Placement Testing Office electronically through the SAT or ACT, or by fax at 252-321-4592.
- If you have successfully completed transferable English and/or math credits at another college or university, you must submit an official transcript (unopened from the assigning institution) in time for our transcript analysts to review your courses and award PCC credit.
- If you have already completed the placement test at another institution within the last three years, you can submit them with the Placement Testing office to be waived
2. Mail Your Transcripts
Send your official transcripts to:
Pitt Community College
PO Drawer 7007
Greenville, NC 27835
3. Complete and Submit Your FAFSA
Visit www.fafsa.ed.gov to complete your application online. If you have questions regarding your Financial Aid application, please contact the PCC Financial Aid office at 252-493-7339.
4. Steps to Accessing Your myPittCC Account
5. Meet with an Admissions Counselor
New first-time freshmen students must speak with an admissions counselor before registering for a New Student Orientation session. Click here to make an appointment using your myPittCC account information. You may also contact the Admissions office at 252-493-7232 with questions.
6. Steps for New Student Orientation Registration
- Visit PCC Orientation Registration.
- Click the Registration link and read the steps regarding registration for orientation within your myPittCC account.
- Log-in to your myPittCC account and locate the New Student Orientation link. Click the link and complete the provided online form.
- You’ll receive a confirmation email at your PCC email address with important instructions regarding your orientation date once your registration is complete. (Send any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Monitor your myPittCC email for important messages and reminders leading up to your session.