***Spring classes will continue meeting through alternative instructional methods and end on time (May 5). Extracurricular activities remain suspended until further notice. For general information, call the PCC Student Coronavirus Hotline at (252) 493-7245, between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.***04


Continuing your education at Pitt Community College has never been easier.  We are so pleased you’ve decided to explore transferring to PCC and whether it is from another community college or 4-year institution, we hope to provide a seamless transition to completing your academic goals.  Congratulations on your achievements up to this point and we’re looking forward to seeing you continue your success as a Bulldog!  To continue your journey with PCC, carefully follow these steps:


Connecting your education to the career of your dreams is an important first step in making the decision to attend college.  Knowing the profession you plan to pursue will let you know which major to select when you apply for admission.


Since you have attended college in the past, you will be applying as a transfer student. Before completing your admissions application, you must complete an online form to verify residency status through the Residency Determination Service (RDS). You will be asked to enter your RDS number when you begin our application with the College Foundation of North Carolina (CFNC).


It is your responsibility to have your official transcript(s) sent to us as soon as possible. Official transcripts are necessary if you plan to transfer credit to register for courses and waive from placement testing. Please have your official transcript sent to Pitt Community College, Office of the Registrar, PO Drawer 7007, Greenville, NC 27835 or emailed to transcripts@email.pittcc.edu. For additional questions, call 252-493-7232.

Financial Aid

Attending Pitt Community College is an affordable way to continue your education, but if you need help paying for your tuition, books, and school materials, the Free Application for Federal Student Aid is the best way to receive assistance. For a helpful tutorial on how to complete your FAFSA, please click here. If you’ve already applied for the FAFSA, please enter PCC’s school code 004062 to redirect your aid.  Once you’ve been admitted, you’re also welcome to complete applications for scholarships by clicking here.


Your personal admissions counselor will review the application process with you to prepare you for New Student Orientation and course registration. Click the “Meeting” link on the left to schedule your mandatory appointment using your myPittCC student information. Please call 252-493-7245 or email pcccounseling@email.pittcc.edu to make alternate arrangements for a phone, email, or virtual meeting.

Placement Test

Completion of a placement test is not required for curriculum students who have graduated from high school within the past 10 years. Applicants will be placed in the college-level English and math courses according to their high school grade point average. Learners who graduated high school greater than 10 years ago may be subject to completing the RISE Assessment. Check with your assigned Admission Counselor for details.


Brochures, commercials, and websites can help you learn more about PCC.  But the best way to experience what makes Pitt an outstanding college is to complete a campus tour. 


New Student Orientation is the best way to begin your education at PCC. At your session, you will get the tools needed to be successful in your transition college, along with meeting your future classmates, and registering for your courses with an academic advisor. Completing a New Student Orientation session is mandatory prior to registering for courses.

Please click here for a printable Transfer Student Checklist sheet.