Connect with PCC

Students joyfully gathered around Bulldog statue for photo

Welcome to Pitt Community College

We are very pleased you have chosen to explore Pitt Community College and would like to learn more about what our great campus has to offer. We are with you every step of the way on your journey to becoming educated and empowered for success! And with our NEW Early Advantage Deadlines, you can now be awarded your financial aid faster, receive first-choice course sections, and complete New Student Orientation before the rest of your classmates. It is a great time to connect with PCC!

Which Best Defines How You Plan to Apply to PCC?


  • You are a graduating high school senior OR
  • You will be attending college for the first time OR
  • You have completed PCC credits through Career and College Promise.


  • You have attended another college/university since high school graduation OR
  • You are returning to PCC


Adult Learners

  • Affordability, flexibility, and employability are just a few words to describe how PCC will help you meet your professional goals.
  • We have an Adult Learning Center just for you!

Visiting Students

If you are currently enrolled at another college/university and wish to transfer credit from PCC or you wish to complete coursework for personal enrichment, you should apply as a visiting student to PCC. Click here for more information.

What would you like to learn more about?

Discover Your Career Pathway

Schedule an appointment with Career Services and learn more about Careers and Majors.​

Pay for College

Learn more about Financial Aid and Scholarships or contact PCC Financial Aid Office.​

Explore Our Majors

Learn more about PCC Degree, Certificate, and Diploma programs.​

Apply for Scholarships

Review Scholarships available at PCC and apply to those you feel you qualify for.​

PCC Parents & Family

Learn more about Tuition, Financial Aid, Admissions, and Academic Programs.

Schedule a Visit

PCC offers campus tours on Tuesdays at 10:00 a.m.
Sign up now!

Residency Information

Learn more about In-State or Out-of-State Residency and view a table of cost to attend.​

US Veterans Information

Learn more about Veterans Benefits and and review our Veterans Affairs Office website.​

The basic requirements for curricular programs (Health Sciences Admissions excepted) are as follows:

The College requires high school graduation or the high school equivalency diploma for all Associate in Arts and Associate in Applied Science degrees and for most diploma and certificate programs. Selected diploma and certificate programs require students to have at least eight units of high school work or special permission. An official high school transcript is required.

Home-schooled students must submit a copy of the home school’s approved registration from the state in which they are registered, and an official transcript including the graduation date and documentation of completion of competency testing.

Please note that the NC Division of Non-Public Education (DNPE) home school laws apply only to schools enrolling students of high school age (at least 7 years of age through 18 years of age.) If the student enters the home school after age 16, the home school must already be in existence and registered with the state.

DPNE will not register “new” home schools for students over age 16. Schools are not empowered by state law to issue diplomas to post-high school-age students. In addition, nationally standardized achievement tests must be administered annually, and evidence of these tests must be presented to the PCC Admissions office along with the home school transcript. The PCC placement test does not qualify as an achievement test.  See http://www.ncdnpe.org/FAQs/hhh114e.aspx

Home-schooled students unable to meet these requirements have the option of obtaining their high school diplomas either through the NC Community College Adult High School Diploma program or through its’ GED program. Information on PCC’s Transitional Studies program.

  1. Each applicant must submit a completed Application for Admission. All students take placement tests with the exception of those transfer students who have successfully completed college-level English and Mathematics. To qualify for a waiver based on this exception, the student must present a post-secondary transcript documenting college-level English and/or Mathematics to the admissions counselor. Waivers are also available for students who have made a minimum score on the SAT or ACT. (See ASSET and COMPASS Placement Testing for additional information.)
  2. Applicants for Electronics Engineering Technology and Architectural Technology should have completed one unit of algebra and one unit of geometry.
  3. Each applicant should make an appointment with an admissions counselor for a personal interview prior to enrollment in the College. The counseling session is designed to acquaint the student with the College and to help the student make a wise choice in program selection.

Home-schooled students must submit a copy of the home school’s approved registration from the state in which they are registered and an official transcript including the graduation date and documentation of completion of competency testing. Please note that the NC Division of Non-Public Education home school laws applies only to schools enrolling students of compulsory attendance age (at least 7 years of age but not yet 16 years of age).

Home schools are not empowered by state law to issue diplomas to post-high school-age students. They may, however, obtain their high school diplomas either through the NC Community College adult high school diploma program or through its’ GED program. See www.ncdnpe.org/FAQs/hhh114e.aspx.

Please allow at least 2 weeks from the time you submit your admissions application for us to process your application. Once your application for admission has been processed, you will receive a welcome letter from us with further information. This letter will be sent to the address you’ve listed on the application.

If more than 2 weeks have passed, you can check on the status of your application by calling: 252-493-7232, or emailing us at pittadm@email.pittcc.edu

Office of Admissions & Records
Goess Student Center, Room 100
Phone: 252-493-7232 > Option 2

Pitt Community College will accept students from other post-secondary institutions. Applicants should complete the following steps:

  1. Submit a formal application
  2. Have official high school transcripts mailed to the Office of the Registrar. High school transcripts are required for admission to most programs of study at the College. They may also be required in order to complete the financial aid process.
    Students with a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university are exempt from submitting high school transcripts, except in some instances when they may be required for financial aid purposes.
  3. Have official transcripts from each post-secondary institution mailed to the Office of the Registrar. Transcripts are necessary if transfer credit is to be awarded and/or for students to meet necessary course prerequisites. Transcripts may be required from all students applying for financial aid.

The Vice President of Student Development Services may refuse admission to transfer students not in good standing at previously attended post-secondary institutions.

Students who withdraw from the College for one year or more must reapply by completing an Application for Admission. Official transcripts, placement testing, and additional admission requirements may be requested if not required during period of initial enrollment. Applicants for admission or readmission to Health Sciences programs must follow the Health Sciences Admissions Procedures for those programs. Students out of school as a result of disciplinary action must appear before the Vice President of Student Development Services and petition for readmission to the College.

In addition to serving traditional college students, Pitt Community College allows high school students to enroll in community college courses tuition free based on the Career and College Promise program. This program provides seamless dual enrollment educational opportunities for eligible North Carolina high school juniors and seniors. This program offers College Transfer Pathways and Career and Technical Education Pathways leading to certificates, diplomas or degrees.

Through Career & College Promise (CCP) qualified high school students have the opportunity to pursue these options tuition free while they are still in high school allowing them to get a jump-start on their workplace and college preparation.

For more details, please visit our web site at:


Effective July 10, 2010, the State Board of Community Colleges has completed the amendment process for 23 N.C.A.C. 02C .0301 entitled “Admission to Colleges” regarding undocumented immigrants. Under this rule, Pitt Community College will adhere to the following policy regarding the admission of undocumented immigrants.

  1. Any undocumented student registered into a class is required to pay the out-of-state tuition rate, which is set at $248.50 per credit hour for the 2010-2011 academic year.
  2. In implementing the priority provision in 23 N.C.A.C. 02C .0301 (b)(6), community colleges are responsible for ensuring that a student who is lawfully present in the United States will always have priority for a space in a class or program of study over a student who is not lawfully present in the United States, if there are space limitations. Therefore PCC shall neither enroll undocumented students into a class or program of study for which there are waiting lists, nor will we register undocumented students for classes until the conclusion of the last published (i.e. late) registration period.
  3. For the purposes of 23 N.C.A.C. 02C .0301 (b)(6), undocumented immigrants with a high school equivalency diploma are not considered to have “graduated from a United States public high school, private high school, or home school” and therefore are not eligible to be admitted to a community college.
  4. An undocumented immigrant with a diploma from an Adult High School that is located in the United States and operates or operated in compliance with state or local law is eligible to be admitted to a community college.

Source: Numbered Memo CC 10-0026 dated 07/12/2010

Next Steps

  • During the February meeting of the State Board of Community Colleges, the Policy Committee reviewed comments received during the public hearing and public comment period. However, no vote was taken.
  • March, 18 the Policy Committee unanimously voted to approve the rule “23 N.C.A.C. 02C .0301 “Admission to Colleges.” The Committee will now take the recommendation to the full board for a vote.
  • Once the rule is approved by the State Board of Community Colleges, it goes to the Rules Review Commission which considers the rule for:
    • Consistency, i.e. being necessary to implement or interpret the law
    • Authority of the governing body
    • Clarity
    • Compliance with all rule-making procedures
  • Any person who objects to the rule will have the opportunity to submit a written objection to the Rules Review Commission. If the Commission receives at least 10 written objections clearly requesting legislative review, the rule will be submitted to the legislature and will not yet go into effect.
  • The General Assembly may sponsor legislation that would overturn the rule. In order for the rule to be overturned by legislation, a member of the General Assembly must introduce a bill to overturn the rule within the first 30 legislative days of the next regular legislative session. The introduced bill must be passed before the end of the session, or the rule will go into effect.
  • If the General Assembly or the federal government should establish a policy regarding the admission of undocumented immigrants, that decision would supersede the State Board’s purview and would become policy based on state or federal statute.
pitt community college students smiling and relaxing on a lawn

Check back regularly for our upcoming recruitment events!