It is mandatory for all first-time freshmen to meet with an Admissions Counselor prior to registering for a New Student Orientation session. Please schedule an appointment with your assigned counselor.
If you are a distance learner or have extenuating circumstances and cannot come to campus for a face-to-face appointment, please contact your Admission Counselor directly, OR call 252-493-7245 OR email email@example.com. Arrangements can me made for a phone, email, or virtual appointment.
Counseling Services strives to educate and empower students to make realistic and attainable decisions as they pursue their academic, career, personal, and social goals.
Admissions Counseling is provided to all first-time freshmen, transfer, and returning students. Academic, Career, and Personal Counseling Services are provided to currently enrolled students.
What counselors can do for you:
- Walk future students through the PCC Admissions steps
- Assist future students with career exploration and plan of study at PCC
- Provide career and course of study planning for undecided students
- Provide a general orientation to PCC
- Provide curriculum planning guides
- Help you develop success strategies and life skills
- Assist with setting and clarifying goals
- Intervene for crisis management
- Offer short-term personal counseling
- Help strengthen academic standing
- Assist with test anxiety and stress management
- Conduct workshops in admissions, career/educational planning, decision making, and personal development
Normal Operating Hours:
Mondays, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Tuesday-Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Summer Operating Hours:
Monday-Thursday, 8:00 am to 5:15 pm
Fridays, 8:00 am to 1:00 pm
The Goess Student Center, Suite 120