It is mandatory for all students who submit an application to PCC to contact an Admissions Counselor via phone, email, or face-to-face meeting. Admissions Counselors will confirm that all of the Admissions Steps have been completed prior to the student registering for a New Student Orientation session. At the New Student Orientation session, students will be assigned to a Student Success Navigator or Faculty Advisor and register for their classes.
Admissions Counselors are the Advisors for Visiting Students. Visiting students are assigned to an Admissions Counselor at the point of application and will not need to attend New Student Orientation. Visiting students are not seeking a PCC degree, but are interested in taking courses for personal enrichment or are currently attending another institution, but would like to take courses that will transfer to the program they are pursuing at their home school. Visiting students are not eligible for financial aid. For more information regarding Visiting Students, please see the following website:
Counseling Services strives to educate and empower students to make realistic and attainable decisions as they pursue their academic, career, personal, and social goals.
Admissions Counseling is provided to all first-time freshmen, transfer, and returning students. Academic, Career, and Personal Counseling Services are provided to currently enrolled students.
What counselors can do for you:
- Walk future students through the PCC Admissions steps
- Assist future students with career exploration and plan of study at PCC
- Provide career and course of study planning for undecided students
- Provide a general orientation to PCC
- Provide curriculum planning guides
- Help you develop success strategies and life skills
- Assist with setting and clarifying goals
- Intervene for crisis management
- Offer short-term personal counseling
- Help strengthen academic standing
- Assist with test anxiety and stress management
- Conduct workshops in admissions, career/educational planning, decision making, and personal development
Normal Operating Hours:
Mondays, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Tuesday-Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Summer Operating Hours:
Monday-Thursday, 8:00 am to 5:15 pm
Fridays, 8:00 am to 1:00 pm
The Goess Student Center, Suite 120