Accommodation Requests can be made either online or in person. Follow the steps below to submit a request to the Office of Accessibility Services.
Click the button below to complete the online intake form.
Steps for Requesting Accommodations Offline
- Self-disclose information about their condition to the Office of Accessibility Services.
- Complete the Intake/Consent Forms requesting accommodations.
- Provide the Office of Accessibility Services with documentation from their care provider that outlines the student’s diagnosis and symptoms and demonstrates the need for accommodations. Documentation can be from:
- Primary Care Provider, Specialist, or Therapist
- IEP from high school
- Psychological Evaluation
- Vocational Rehabilitation (VR)
- Division of Services for the Blind (DSB)
- Bring completed Intake/Consent Forms and documentation to a scheduled meeting with an Office of Accessibility Counselor or Director to discuss accommodations and process for using them.
- Request letters for instructors at the beginning of each subsequent semester from the Office of Accessibility. Accommodations letters and confirmation agreements will be provided to hand-deliver or email to each instructor.
- Return the document(s) to the Office of Accessibility Services after instructors have completed/signed the Faculty Acknowledgment and Consent to Record forms.
- If approved, schedule the test with the Office of Accessibility Services at least two days prior to the test by calling 252- 493-7285.