Study Abroad Scholarships
International Education Travel Scholarship
Scholarship funding is available to students who are interested in studying abroad with PCC. Students may apply for the International Education Travel Scholarship (IETS) as a supplemental assistance in the fall prior to their study abroad program. Please note: IETS funding is only to be considered as a supplemental scholarship towards the total cost of the study abroad trip.
The IETS application requires students to explain to the scholarship committee why they want to study abroad and how they plan on sharing their study abroad experience with the college and community upon return. Students will be required to have two recommendation forms (one must be from a PCC faculty member) completed along with the IETS application.
The IETS application and recommendations are due Friday, Oct. 19, 2018 by 5:00 p.m.
Please view this Application Guide for helpful information in filling out your Study Abroad application.
If you have further questions about the IETS application, please contact Amelia Bain at firstname.lastname@example.org
IETS and Study Abroad Application Help Sessions:
Get help filling out your study abroad application or IETS application.
Vernon White Building, Room 175
Thursday, Sept. 20 at 12:30 pm
Monday, Sept. 24 at 3 pm
Tuesday, Oct. 9 at 2 pm
Tuesday, Oct. 16 at 2 pm
WUXI Partnership “Year of the Dog” Scholarship
The WXIT Scholarship was established to provide funding for faculty, staff and students to participate in PCC Study-Travel programs. Funds for the program were provided as proceeds from the PCC-Wuxi Partnership. Funds will be available for the 2018-19 and 2019-2020 program years.
Students will be asked questions about the Year of the Dog scholarship as part of their IETS application.
Outside Study Abroad Scholarships
Below is a list of scholarship opportunities for students who are looking to study abroad. These scholarships are not affiliated with PCC; therefore, for further information about any of them, please visit the posted link.
- Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship – A U.S. Department of State scholarship for students of limited financial means to study or intern abroad. Eligible students must be a U.S. Citizen, be an undergraduate student in good standing, receive the Federal Pell Grant at the time of application, and be in the process of applying to or accepted for a study abroad program that lasts at least two weeks at a community college.
- Boren Awards – Scholarship designated for students studying a critical language for time period of 12 weeks or longer.
- Critical Language Scholarship – This is a program that allows students to study a critical language for a summer program.
- Connie Jeannine Schillings Foundation – Scholarships for Silver/Gold Award Girls Scouts who plan to study abroad.
- Education USA Study Abroad – List of all governmental scholarship opportunities.
- Golden Key Scholarships and Awards – Joan Nelson Study Abroad scholarship is awarded up to $5,000 for students wishing to study abroad.
- Global Alliance Scholar Trips – Open scholarship application up to $2,500.
- Study Abroad Scholarships – List of study abroad scholarships for students.
- EF Beyond the Classroom Scholarship – Enrolled travelers can apply for EF’s scholarship by writing a 250 word essay. The scholarship will be given to winners in increments between $500- $2500. Students travelling on the Costa Rica or London study abroad trips would qualify.
- Backpacking Expert Wellness Travel Scholarship – Students who are currently enrolled in a college, high school, trade school or university are encouraged to submit their application. Passion for a healthy lifestyle or hiking is a must.