Study Abroad Scholarships
International Education Travel Scholarship
Scholarship funding is available to students who are interested in studying abroad with PCC. Students may apply for the International Education Travel Scholarship (IETS) as a supplemental assistance in the fall prior to their study abroad program. Please note: IETS funding is only to be considered as a supplemental scholarship towards the total cost of the study abroad trip.
The IETS application requires a written or video narrative where the applicant will address the impact study abroad will have on academic, professional, and personal goals and the impact of receiving the IET Scholarship. Applicants will also include how they plan to share their study abroad experience with the college and community upon return. Applicants are required to have two recommendations from PCC Employees (one must be from a current instructor). Complete information and requirements are available in the Application link below. Before beginning your application, read the “Things to Know” document for scholarship details and helpful hints on preparing your application.
The IETS application and recommendations are due Friday, October 25, 2019 by 5:00 p.m.
If you have further questions about the IETS application, please contact Robin Ashley at email@example.com
IETS and Study Abroad Application Help Sessions:
Faculty/Staff Travel Scholarships
Faculty/staff Travel Scholarships are available for the upcoming Abroad Opportunities. All full-time faculty and staff are eligible. Awardees are expected to participate in all pre-travel sessions and related service activities.
The Faculty/Staff Application link will be available soon.
Outside Study Abroad Scholarships
Below is a list of scholarship opportunities for students who are looking to study abroad. These scholarships are not affiliated with PCC; therefore, for further information about any of them, please visit the posted link.
- EF Beyond the Classroom Scholarship – Enrolled travelers can apply for EF’s scholarship by writing a 250 word essay. The scholarship will be given to winners in increments between $500- $2500. Students traveling on the Costa Rica or London study abroad trips would qualify.
- Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship – A U.S. Department of State scholarship for students of limited financial means to study or intern abroad. Eligible students must be a U.S. Citizen, be an undergraduate student in good standing, receive the Federal Pell Grant at the time of application, and be in the process of applying to or accepted for a study abroad program that lasts at least two weeks at a community college.
- Boren Awards – Scholarship designated for students studying a critical language for time period of 12 weeks or longer.
- Critical Language Scholarship – This is a program that allows students to study a critical language for a summer program.
- Education USA Study Abroad – List of all governmental scholarship opportunities.
- Gilman-McCain Scholarship – The U.S. Department of State’s Gilman-McCain Scholarship provides awards of $5,000 for child dependents of active duty service members to study or intern abroad on credit-bearing programs.
- Golden Key Scholarships and Awards – Joan Nelson Study Abroad scholarship is awarded up to $5,000 for students wishing to study abroad.
- Global Alliance Scholar Trips – Open scholarship application up to $2,500.
- Study Abroad Scholarships – List of study abroad scholarships for students.
- Backpacking Expert Wellness Travel Scholarship – Students who are currently enrolled in a college, high school, trade school or university are encouraged to submit their application. Passion for a healthy lifestyle or hiking is a must.