International Admissions Requirements
1. Admissions Application: Must complete a PCC admissions application. Please go here to apply online:https://pittcc.edu/admissions/apply-now/ Prospective students will need to complete the NC Residency Determination Forms first. An international student present in the United States on a student visa is considered a non-resident for the purpose of tuition payments. Length of stay, payment of taxes, or ownership of property does not qualify an international student for the status of legal resident.
Second, prospective students will need to complete the Pitt Community College Application.
2. English Proficiency: To demonstrate proficiency in the English language, the applicant must take the either the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IETLS) exam.
The TOEFL is published and administered in most countries by the Educational Testing Service, www.toeflgoanywhere.org.
Minimum TOEFL Score Requirements
Internet Based Test (IBT)
|Reading Section||17 (Intermediate)|
|Listening Section||17 (Intermediate)|
|Speaking Section||16 (Intermediate)|
|Writing Section||16 (Intermediate)|
Computer Based Test (CBT) – Minimum Score of 173
Written Test– Minimum Score of 500
Students may demonstrate competency as well by submitting scores from IELTS (International English Language Testing System). Our institution requires an overall band score of a 5.5 or higher on the IELTS. Please contact the test center directly where you took the IELTS test and request that your official test scores be sent to the address below. We do not accept unofficial Test Report Forms from students. An institutional code is NOT required.
Pitt Community College
PO Drawer 7007
Greenville, NC 27835 USA
An international student whose country has English as the only official language is exempt from the TOEFL or IELTS exam.
3. Transcripts: Must submit an official copy of High School/College transcripts accompanied by a certified English translation.
4. Affidavit of Financial Support: Must provide an official bank statement, notarized letter of support, or sponsors bank statement showing that at least $26,154 (US dollars) is available for your tuition, fees, and living expenses for one academic year.
5. Medical Insurance: Must provide documentation of medical insurance by the end of the first two weeks of class.
6. SEVIS I-20 Request Form: Must complete the SEVIS I-20 Request form completely. This form gives us the information needed to complete the I-20. This form will be provided to the prospective student after they complete their admissions application.
7. FERPA Release Form: If the student has a family member they prefer to speak on their behalf, the student must submit a complete a FERPA release form. This form grants permission for the Office of PCC Global to release student educational records and/or information with someone other than the student.
8. Copies of Passport and Visa: When the student applies, a copy of the valid visa will be accepted with the application; however, once the student arrives in the United States, he/she must present the passport and the visa to the Office of PCC Global to be scanned into the student record.
Students who seek to transfer in to PCC should submit the same application package as new F-1 students. Once your admission letter has been issued, the Office of PCC Global will send you the admission letter and a SEVIS I-20 Transfer Request form for you to provide to the current DSO at your current institution. Once PCC has the signed SEVIS I-20 Transfer Request form back from your current institution, the Office of PCC Global can issue the initial I-20.
The following visa/non-visa holders are classified as international students at Pitt Community College:
- Permanent resident with alien registration (Green card)
- TN, H-1B, TC, and TD visa (Canadian visa), and all other visa statuses that permit enrollment in school
- All other international applicants who do not hold a visa
Requirements for Non F1 Visa Holders:
PCC Admissions must receive the following documents before your application will be considered:
- Pitt Community College Admissions Application: Must complete a PCC admissions application. Please download and complete the application in the International Admissions Package, not the online application. All documentation must be submitted together to the Office of PCC Global.
- Identification: Students must present a valid passport and/ or legal identification to the Office of PCC Global.
- Immigration Documentation: A copy of your permanent resident card, I-94 record, valid visa, or notice from US Citizenship and Immigration Services indicating your status if applicable.
- English Proficiency: To demonstrate proficiency in the English language, the applicant must have attended a US high school, score an acceptable score on the PCC Placement Test, or take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) published and administered in most countries by the Educational Testing Service, www.toeflgoanywhere.org.
NOTE: The following residents are part of the compact of free association and are not required to carry a visa: Federated States of Micronesia: Kosrae, Ponape, Chuuk, Yap, Caroline Islands, Marshall Islands, and Palau.
Non-immigrants with a valid visa (F-2, J-1, J-2, B1, or B2) and currently in the United States may apply for a change of status to F-1 in order to take classes as a full time student. Applicants must go through the same process as a new F-1 student in addition to processing the change of status request with the US Department of Homeland Security. Click the links below for more information on how to begin the change of status process.