Bulldog Promise Scholarship
CCP Students have an Opportunity to Complete a
Pitt Community College Degree TUITION FREE!
Pitt County students nearing high school graduation who meet the dual enrollment eligibility listed below are encouraged to apply for the Bulldog Promise Scholarship. This scholarship will help you complete what you started in high school, an associate’s degree for FREE! Take advantage of this amazing opportunity to continue your education at PCC at no cost to you or your family.
For more information read below, and if there are additional questions contact: Brian Jones, AVP of Enrollment Services by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (252) 493-7867.
Dual Enrollment Eligibility
- Must have previously passed 12 curriculum credits or 4 curriculum courses at PCC.
- Maintain a cumulative PCC GPA of 2.0 as a CCP student.
- Maintain a cumulative pass rate of 67% for CCP courses.
- Intend to transition/register/enroll at PCC in the Fall semester following high school graduation.
• Includes Fall, Spring, and Summer high school graduates.
• Scholarship will only be applied starting the Fall semester after high school graduation.
- Attend a Pitt County high school, including public and private.
• Pitt County homeschooled students are eligible.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or eligible non-Citizen.
- Complete Bulldog Promise Scholarship application.
- File FAFSA to exhaust all aid options (excluding loans). This includes but is not limited to:
• Pell grant.
• State grants.
• Scholarships (institutional or outside).
• Other aid sources that are not to be repaid.
- Submission of FINAL official high school transcript.
- Completed PCC Admissions Application.
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress which includes:
• 2.0 cumulative GPA.
• 67% cumulative pass rate.
• Scholarship must not exceed 4 Fall or Spring terms, regardless of program completion.
- File FAFSA each year in program.
- Summer semester not eligible for funding.
- Students must be continuously enrolled in Fall and Spring semesters to maintain scholarship eligibility.
- Scholarship concludes after 4 PCC Fall/Spring terms, or upon completion of degree, whichever occurs first.
After completing the FAFSA and registering for courses in the appropriate fall semester, eligible students will be evaluated for their scholarship award. The scholarship will only be applied starting the Fall semester after high school graduation.
Students will be eligible for no more than four (4) continuous semester payments; summer semesters are excluded and not eligible for payment, so students must be continuously enrolled (fall/spring registration). Eligible students will be monitored each term by the Director of Financial Aid to determine upcoming award amounts and/or cancellation of awards.
Bulldog Promise Scholarship award students will be held to the same satisfactory academic progress (SAP) standards as PCC students on financial aid. Any student not meeting SAP standards will be ineligible for the Bulldog Promise Scholarship moving forward. There is no way to regain eligibility. Students may be satisfactory, on warning or on approved appeal to continue eligibility. Any other status for SAP constitutes unsatisfactory progress.