Assessment and Orientation/Advising
Assessment and Orientation/Advising are required for entry into all Transitional Studies programs.
Students will be assessed on their skill levels in reading, language and/or math. These assessment scores will be used in placing students in a class which is appropriate for their skill level and goals.
Walk-in assessment is unavailable at this time due to COVID-19 precautions. Please complete the interest form and someone will contact you shortly to provide more information and begin the enrollment and assessment process.
- There is no cost for assessment.
- Assessment is conducted at Pitt Community College main campus. The Assessment/Testing Center is located in room 123 or room 143 in the Leslie Building.
- Appointments are required.
- Students need a government-issued photo ID with their name and date of birth. Please bring your social security card as well.
- Placement testing will take about 2 ½ to 3 hours to complete. Please arrive to the assessment center by your appointment time.
- Children and guests are not permitted to accompany students into the testing session.
Assessment Center Schedule:
Assessments are by appointment only. Please complete our Transitional Studies Interest Form and someone will be in contact.
New Student Orientation/Advising
After completing placement assessment, students will be given information about the dates, times and locations of upcoming classes. Orientation/advising will be conducted during the first week of class.
During orientation/advising, students will learn about Transitional Studies Programs and how to progress to reach their academic goals. Students will receive test scores, meet their teacher, receive information about Pitt CC and emergency procedures, as well as learn about instructional content, teacher and program expectations, attendance policies, and progress and goal attainment.