Walk-in Assessment and Orientation/Advising
Assessment and Orientation/Advising are required for entry into all Transitional Studies programs.
Students will be assessed on their skill levels in reading, language and/or math. These assessment scores will be used in placing students in a class which is appropriate for their skill level.
Walk-in assessment is unavailable at this time due to COVID-19 precautions. Please complete the interest form and someone will contact you shortly to provide more information and begin the enrollment and assessment process.
- There is no cost for assessment.
- Assessment is conducted at Pitt Community College main campus. The Assessment/Testing Center is located in room 123 in the Leslie Building.
- No appointment is needed and seating if available on a first come, first served basis. The schedule for assessment is listed in the table below.
- Students are required to bring a government-issued photo ID with their name and date of birth. Please bring your social security card as well.
- Placement testing will take about 2 ½ to 3 hours to complete. Please arrive to the assessment center prior to the final times listed below.
- Children and guests are not permitted into the testing session with the students.
Assessment Center Schedule:
|Daytime||8:30-11:00 am or 2:00-3:00pm||8:30 am-11:00 am or 2:00-3:00pm|
New Student Orientation/Advising
After completing placement assessment, students will be given information about the dates and times of upcoming orientation/advising sessions and will be given the option of immediate enrollment in the Transition Learning Center (TLC Lab). All students wishing to enroll in a Transitional Studies class must attend an orientation session before being assigned to a class.
Orientation/Advising lasts about an hour and a half to two hours and typically takes place on a Tuesday or Thursday. Students may choose to attend either a 9:00 am session or 6:00 pm session. During orientation/advising, students will learn about Transitional Studies Programs and how to progress to reach their academic goals. Students will receive test scores, class location, teacher, and schedules in order to begin attending classes.
Spring 2020 Orientation/Advising Schedule:
Tues, Jan 7, 2020 or Thur, Jan 9, 2020 – 9:00am or 6:00 pm – Leslie 143
Tues, March 3, 2020 or Thur, March 5, 2020 – 9:00 am or 6:00 pm – Leslie 143