***For general information as PCC operates remotely, please call our hotline at (252) 493-7245, M-Th, between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m., and Friday, between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Students seeking specific course information are advised to contact their instructors.***06

Transitional Studies Department

The Transitional Studies Department offers educational opportunities to those who wish to improve basic academic skills, increase job attainment and retention opportunities, or brush up on skills to improve college entry test scores enabling adult learners to be more successful in today’s work place, post-secondary training program or college.

Transitional Studies consists of three main components:

Adult Basic Education (ABE) — Provides foundational instruction in reading, writing, and math, as well as science and social studies, in the context of careers, career exploration, workplace literacy, and post-secondary training.

Adult Secondary Education (ASE) — Expands the content and experiences from ABE and provides students with high school competency.

English Language Acquisition (ELA) — Provides instruction for improving English speaking, listening, reading and writing while also offering opportunity to enhance career skills. Programs are available to address varying student needs, career and college goals, and interests.

To enroll in any Transitional Studies program, students must be at least 18 years old and not enrolled in high school (either withdrawn or graduated). Students aged 16 and 17 may enroll in a program with proper documentation and parental permission. For details, contact Mary Hopkins at (252) 493-7628.

Minor Applicant Withdrawal – Waiver Form