Mission and Outcomes
The mission of the Radiography Program is to empower graduates with the knowledge and skills to become competent, caring, and professional health care providers within the radiologic technologist scope of practice.
Goals and Program Learning Outcomes
Goal 1: The Radiography Program will prepare students to use critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- PLO 1: Students will analyze the quality of a finished radiograph for acceptability.
- PLO 2: Students will demonstrate sound problem-solving techniques in correcting unacceptable radiographs at entry-level competence.
Goal 2: The Radiography Program will graduate clinically competent students.
- PLO 3: Students will perform non-routine radiographic procedures on trauma and age specific populations.
- PLO 4: Students will perform routine radiographic procedures on pediatric, adults, and elderly patients.
- PLO 5: Students will provide quality patient care during diagnostic procedures.
- PLO 6: Students will apply the principles of radiation protection for patients, self, and other personnel.
Goal 3: The Radiography Program will prepare students to communicate effectively.
- PLO 7: Students will demonstrate effective communication skills with age-specific patients.
- PLO 8: Students will demonstrate effective communication skills with faculty and medical staff.
Goal 4: The Radiography Program will graduate students that model professionalism.
- PLO 9: Students will demonstrate professionalism.