Mission and Outcomes
The mission of the Radiography Program is to empower graduates with the knowledge and skills to become competent, caring, and professional health care providers within the radiologic technologist scope of practice.
Goals and Program Learning Outcomes
Goal 1: The Radiography Program will prepare students to use critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- PLO 1: Students will analyze the quality of a finished radiograph for acceptability.
- PLO 2: Students will demonstrate sound problem-solving techniques in correcting unacceptable radiographs at entry-level competence.
Goal 2: The Radiography Program will graduate clinically competent students.
- PLO 3: Students will perform non-routine portable radiographic exams.
- PLO 4: Students will perform routine radiographic exams.
- PLO 5: Students will demonstrate knowledge of quality patient care.
- PLO 6: Students will apply the principles of radiation protection for patients, self, and other personnel.
Goal 3: The Radiography Program will prepare students to communicate effectively.
- PLO 7: Students will demonstrate effective communication skills with patients.
- PLO 8: Students will demonstrate effective communication skills with faculty and the healthcare team.
Goal 4: The Radiography Program will graduate students that model professionalism.
- PLO 9: Students will demonstrate professionalism.
- PLO 10: Students will demonstrate professional oral and written skills.