Vision Statement: The Business Division is dedicated to providing leadership for a system that yields the best-educated and trained individuals within the citizenry of Pitt Community College and the world.
Welcome to the Business Division at Pitt Community College
The Business Division at Pitt Community College offers a diverse range of programs that span the world of business: from Healthcare Management Technology and Office Administration to Cyber Security and Cosmetology. When you join one of the rigorous programs in the Business Division, you’ll join an engaged community of peers, faculty, staff, and alumni who are committed to helping each other succeed both at PCC and well beyond graduation. As a student in the Business Division at PCC, you will gain valuable expertise in the knowledge and skills needed to excel as a professional in your field.
Why Choose a Program in the Business Division?
Whether you dream of becoming a real estate agent or an HR manager, the Business Division has your back every step of the way to achieving your career goals. We offer affordable and accessible programs that welcome students of every age and cultural background. Are you a working professional looking to return to school and build the skills you need to change careers? We’ve got you covered. Maybe you’re just starting out on your professional journey and are looking for an inexpensive program to prepare you for your career? Earning a degree in the Business Division at PCC is an ideal way to prepare for and start your career as soon as possible.
Programs in the Business Division offer courses in many formats to accommodate every type of learner and student – no matter where you live. Create a full-time or part-time schedule that works around your personal and professional life. Take traditional face-to-face classes, fully online classes, or a hybrid of both to enjoy our world-class educational experience on your own terms.
The Business Division also offers several 2+2 transfer agreements with local universities around North Carolina, including the Business Administration program at East Carolina University. You could earn your associate degree at PCC while working toward credit for a bachelor’s degree at a prestigious university.
Academic Programs in the Business Division
As a student in the Business Division, you’ll not only learn the necessary technical skills for your career, but you’ll also gain professional skills and traits that can help you stand out from others and lead to opportunities for career advancement — including innovative thinking, a global mindset, effective communication skills, and sustaining a strong work ethic.
When you earn a degree in one of the programs in the Business Division, you’ll benefit from small class sizes that let you work closely with our amazing faculty mentors and collaborate with your peers. You’ll always have the full support of the PCC community as you complete your degree and head out onto the job market. Learn more about departments and academic programs to find the one that’s right for you and your career dreams.
Administrative and Healthcare Technologies Department
In the Administrative and Healthcare Technologies Department, you will receive training to enhance your career-related knowledge and skills in topics such as technology, ethics, and professionalism. Prepare for the fast-growing fields of healthcare, medical billing, and technology with expert training from our esteemed faculty:
- Healthcare Management Technology (General, Accounting, Entrepreneurship, and Long-Term Care Pathways)
- Medical Office Administration: General
- Medical Office Administration: Medical Auditor
- Medical Office Administration: Medical Billing and Coding
- Medical Office Administration: Patient Services Representative
- Office Administration: General
- Office Administration: Legal Office
- Office Administration: Office Finance
Business and Entrepreneurship Department
Start your own business or become a valuable addition to an established organization with one of the degrees available in the Business and Entrepreneurship Department. You’ll enjoy personalized attention from faculty as you get ready for the job market. Our degree programs will prepare you for a career as an accountant, financial planner, office administrator, or marketer:
- Accounting and Finance: Accounting
- Accounting and Finance: Financial Services
- Business Administration: General Business Administration
- Business Administration: Human Resources Management
- Business Administration: Marketing
Computer Technologies Department
Businesses and organizations around the world rely on complex computer networks to function smoothly and reach their customers in ways that are both efficient and ethical. That’s why there’s an unprecedented need for thoughtful and creative professionals who are skilled in information technology. In the Computer Technologies Department, you can dive into many computer technology-related areas. You can focus on computer programming, cybersecurity, network administration, simulation and game development, computer technical support, or web design and development:
- Information Technology: Cyber Security
- Information Technology: Network Management
- Information Technology: Computer Programming and Development
- Information Technology: Technical Support
- Information Technology: Web Development
- Simulation and Game Development
Other programs in the Business Division
The Business Division caters to the diversity of the business world with programs that are business-related or offer special training for specific fields and professionals at certain stages of their career. These are non-degree short term training programs and include:
Cosmetology: Join one of the most distinguished and affordable Cosmetology programs in Eastern North Carolina and receive 1,500 hours of training through classroom learning and supervised practical experience with real clients.
* Medical Coding: Learn the information you need to become a medical coder.
* Notary Public: Learn the information you need to apply for notary public commissions or to become commissioned as an electronic notary.
* Real Estate: Prepare for a fulfilling career in real estate when you complete the 80 hours needed to sit for the North Carolina Real Estate Exam.
* Small Business Center: Do you dream of owning your own business but aren’t sure where to start? We offer free seminars, confidential consulting, and a resource center to help you get started on your journey as a small business owner.