ECU’s Pirate Promise is a transfer program for students who are in their first year of coursework at Pitt Community College. The program provides advising assistance and support before applying to ECU, as well as guaranteed admission and a waived application fee.
- Guaranteed admission to ECU with a completed associate degree
- Waived ECU Application Fee
- A Dedicated Transfer-Coach
- Joint Academic Advising
- Joint Financial Aid Counseling
Eligible to purchase an ECU 1 Card to get access to:
- Athletic Tickets
- Campus Recreation Opportunities
- Campus Events
- Library Resources
- Community Writing Center
- Access To ECU Libraries
- Access to Virtual Job Shadow, ECU Career Services’ virtual workshop series
- Participate in select campus activities including “invitation only” Pirate Promise events at ECU.
Eligibility for the program:
- Enrolling or already enrolled as a first-year student at Pitt Community College
- Full-Time Status
- 2.5 GPA
- Complete one of the following degrees: AA, AS, AE, AFA, AAS in Early Childhood Education, or AAS in a Technical Program
Pirate Promise Fall Application Launch
The Fall Application is open from October 15 through November 15.
- Application Information/How to Apply: https://piratepromise.ecu.edu/apply/
- Once the application closes, the applicant lists will be prepared for each partner school. ECU Registrar’s Office will forward out the list to each college within 2 weeks.
- Note: Details on the program, requirements, benefits, etc. can be found at piratepromise.ecu.edu
Upcoming Pirate Promise Interest Sessions – Register Here:
- Tuesday, September 27 @ 12 p.m.
- Monday, October 17 @ 12 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 9 @ 6 p.m.