Why Learn French
Why study French at Pitt Community College?
- Be understood in 55 countries across five continents and by over 200 million people.
- French is the third most common language on the Internet. Connect with pen pals; visit foreign websites and find student exchange opportunities.
- Get a head start on learning other Romance languages like Spanish, Italian, Portuguese and Romanian.
- French is a melodious and romantic language with a relatively quick learning curve.
- French provides the base for more than 50% of the modern English vocabulary, which improves performance on standardized tests.
- Open the doors to art, music, fashion, food, architecture and literature.
- Discover a new appreciation for other cultures in countries that speak French like: France, Canada, Belgium, Switzerland, Monaco and many African nations.
- Use French to pursue studies in Francophone countries.
- Be more competitive in the national and international job market in disciplines like business, medicine, aviation, law, transportation technologies, global/international distribution and luxury goods.
- French is the official working language of the UN, NATO, UNESCO, the International Olympic Committee, the European Union, the International Red Cross and much more!