Arts and Sciences Division
The Arts and Sciences Division embraces six departments with 80 full-time faculty and over 90 part-time faculty.
The Arts & Sciences Division is PCC’s largest division, covering virtually all of the general education courses plus:
- University Transfer Programs (Associate in Arts, Associate in Science, and Associate in Engineering)
- One Technical Department (Biotechnology)
Arts & Sciences personnel have:
- Been nominated for excellence in teaching awards
- Participated in local, regional, and state leadership training
- Written textbooks
- Developed multimedia tools for commercial use
- Supervised statewide curriculum improvement projects
To educate and empower students in University Transfer and Biotechnology programs and students in general education courses for success . . .
- In life
- In higher education
- In the workforce
- In a global economy
This mission will be achieved by . . .
- Encouraging lifelong learning
- Establishing positive learning environments
- Ensuring academic excellence
- Enhancing economic development and quality of life and
- Emphasizing multicultural experiences