Strategic planning at Pitt Community College (PCC) is a dynamic, collaborative, and continuous process that sets the future direction for the college. The plan is composed of college’s mission, values, and goals. Strategic planning helps ensure the long-term viability of our institution and the effective and efficient use of public resources. The institutional values and goals listed below were developed via campus input, literature review, and a thorough environmental scan.
- Focuses on what the college as a whole will do to position for the future;
- Addresses large-scale issues affecting the college;
- Relies on input from internal and external environments; and
- Provides direction for operational activities throughout the college.
Pitt Community College educates and empowers people for success. With a culture of excellence and innovation, the college is a vital partner in the economic and workforce development of our community. PCC provides access to dynamic learning opportunities designed to foster personal enrichment, successful career preparation, and higher education transfer.
Student Success Vision Statement
Pitt Community College will foster student success through engaging, inclusive and quality instruction and by providing equitable support services that enable students to realize their academic and career goals.
Institutional Core Values
Our student success vision is grounded in our mission and guided by these core values:
1. Community – We play a vital role in the development of our community by offering educational opportunities to citizens of Pitt County and the surrounding region.
2. Success – We believe success is all encompassing. We aim to prepare students for personal and professional success in all we do.
3. Equity – We acknowledge the barriers students face and are committed to dismantling those barriers by creating equity-minded policies and practices, leading to success for all students.
4. Integrity – We operate with integrity in all matters and understand it is the platform for accountability and transparency.
Institutional Priorities and Goals
Priority One: Student Success
Goal #1: Increase student persistence and completion.
Goal #2: Provide quality, student centered services and processes.
Priority Two: Workforce Development
Goal #3: Strengthen workforce development and student and community partnerships.
Priority Three: Equity
Goal #4: Assist faculty and staff to develop an awareness of equity and cultural competence.
Goal #5: Create a campus-wide equity agenda that focuses on addressing achievement gaps in student learning and success.
Goal #6: Develop strategies for more effective recruitment of diverse faculty and staff.
Priority Four: Organizational Development and Accountability
Goal #7: Build a culture of inquiry wherein data are used for sound decision-making and continuous improvement.
Goal #8: Strengthen professional development for faculty and staff to enhance their understanding and implementation of best practices for diverse student populations.
Goal #9: Develop and implement strategies for inclusive, intentional, and transparent planning and decision-making.
June 24, 2020
Pitt Community College 2020-2025 Strategic Plan: