Planning and Research
The mission of the Planning and Research (P&R) Department at Pitt Community College is to provide leadership and to advance and support the College mission by providing appropriate and accurate information for institutional decision-making, strategic planning, policy formation, and assessment.
This is accomplished by:
- Collecting, analyzing, and disseminating institutional data and research reports to support policy development and decision-making and advance the efficient communication of College information.
- Responding to faculty and staff requests for information and supporting them in research and assessment by fostering open and informed communications, analyses, and collaborations.
- Providing comprehensive, timely, and accurate survey research solutions to broad-based institutional survey projects used for evaluating student satisfaction, campus programs, and services. Analyzing survey data and distributing reports to appropriate faculty and staff for institutional decision-making.
- Institutional strategic planning, assessment, and compliance with SACSCOC standards and policies.
The Planning and Research staff have over 50 years of collective experience in the North Carolina Community College System and are devoted to bringing their professionalism and expertise to your planning and research needs.
Planning and Research Goals
- Service – The P&R Department seeks to be proactive and responsive, providing quality information and services in a positive and timely manner. The Department seeks to operate free from bias or favoritism, delivering services fairly and equitably.
- Research – P&R gathers, analyzes, interprets, and communicates institutional data in an objective manner to facilitate teaching and service excellence and to inform decision making for all college areas.
- Communication – The P&R Department seeks first to listen to its customers and stakeholders in a deliberate, thoughtful, and respectful manner and convey pertinent information through processes that are appropriate, accurate, and effective.