Find PCC on Facebook and join the 4,549 fans already receiving our latest news, photos, videos, events and announcements!
'Dancing with the PCC Stars' Is March 20
|The performers are rehearsing their dance routines, and tickets for the PCC Foundation’s second annual “Dancing with the PCC Stars” fundraiser are on sale now.|
Check out This Month's PCC InSight!
NCCCS, UNC Improve Transfer Process
March 2014 Edition Quick Hitters ...
• Each month, President G. Dennis Massey provides a "College Update" with the latest college news. Click HERE for Dr. Massey's March 2014 update.
• The college will celebrate Women’s History Month March 5 with a panel discussion on this year’s national theme: “Celebrating Women of Character, Courage and Commitment.” (READ MORE)
• PCC selected La’Quon Rogers, a student ambassador and president of the college’s Student Government Association (SGA), as its 2014 recipient of the N.C. Community College System Academic Excellence Award. (READ MORE)
• Greenville native Bryant Waters has been selected to oversee the college's fire and emergency services training programs. (READ MORE)
• A final look at enrollment data this spring shows the curriculum headcount is up 67 students compared to the same point a year ago. (READ MORE)
• President G. Dennis Massey will take part in the first-ever Greenville Community Summit later this month. (READ MORE)
• PCC hosted a distracted driving awareness event in the Craig F. Goess Student Center in February. (PHOTO)
• Ayden's Kenneth and Phyllis Ross recently contributed $15,000 to the PCC Foundation’s scholarship endowment program. (PHOTO)
• The college celebrated the Chinese New Year Feb. 6 with a program in the Craig F. Goess Student Center. (PHOTO GALLERY)
• The Beta Nu Upsilon chapter of Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society will hold its annual spring yard sale fundraiser March 29 on PCC's main campus. (READ MORE)
• The PCC Alumni Association has planned an eight-day, seven-night vacation this summer that will take participants to Rhode Island, Newport, Boston, Cape Cod and other prominent locations that spotlight New England’s natural charm. (MORE INFORMATION)
• PCC is now accepting 2014-15 Student Ambassadors applications. Check out the PCC website for an application form and qualification details. (MORE INFORMATION)
• The ice and snow that resulted in missed instructional time at PCC in January left administrators searching for ways to make it up. Their solution was revealed Feb. 6. (READ MORE)
• PCC Global is seeking travelers interested in participating in a 12-day European educational adventure this spring. (READ MORE)
• Every Tuesday, PCC employees and students are encouraged to show their school spirit by wearing their PCC royal blue. We call it "Turn It Blue Tuesday." (FACEBOOK PHOTO GALLERY)
• We are proud of our current students and graduates and love sharing their stories of success. If you are a PCC student or alum and have a success story you would like to share, please email Rob Goldberg, PCC communications director, so we can be sure to include you on our "Creating Success" web page.
Upcoming Events ...
• Mar. 5 - Women's History Month Celebration
• Mar. 5 - Tech Smart Workshop - Microsoft Word Wisdom
• Mar. 12-14 - Spring Break for Students and Faculty
• Mar. 18 - Tech Smart Workshop - Microsoft Word Wisdom
• Mar. 20 - Budgeting Tools Workshop
• Mar. 20 - Dancing with the PCC Stars
• Mar. 25 - International Day
• Mar. 28 - Man of Excellence Award Nominations Due
• Mar. 29 - PTK Yard Sale
• April 5 - Alumni Awards Ceremony
• April 6 - Bulldog Beauty Contest
• April 6 - 2014 Bulldog Run 5K
• Be sure to watch "PCC Outreach with Ernis Lee" Mondays at 8:30 p.m. on Cable Channel 23.
PCC Baseball Off to 11-1 Start This Season
WINTERVILLE—With a three-game sweep of Harford Community College at home and four straight wins in a tournament at Florence-Darlington Technical College (FDTC), the Pitt Community College baseball team has won seven in a row and is off to an 11-1 start.
In 11 victories, the Bulldogs have outscored their opponents, 66-23. Four of those wins have been shutouts. The team's only loss came Feb. 20 against the Mt. Olive College junior varsity squad.
March 2014 Athletics Quick Hitters ...
• With the weather-related cancellation of their matchup with Virginia's Bryant & Stratton College, the PCC basketball team finished regular-season play at 17-10 overall, 11-7 in the Region X Conference. Next up for the Bulldogs will be the Region X Conference Tournament at Catawba Valley Community College in Hickory, starting March 6.
• PCC Softball added a pair of doubleheaders to make up for several weather-related cancellations this season. The Bulldogs (5-1 overall) will face Ohio's Owens Community College on March 7 at Winterville Recreation Park. On April 18, they will host Richard Bland College from Virginia.
Upcoming Home Athletic Events ...
• Mar. 7 - Softball vs. Owens Community College
• Mar. 8-9 - Baseball vs. Florence-Darlington Technical College
• Mar. 15 - Softball vs. Patrick Henry Community College
• Mar. 15-16 - Baseball vs. Louisburg College
• Mar. 21-22 - Softball vs. USC-Salkehatchie
• Mar. 26 - Baseball vs. Brunswick Community College
• Mar. 26 - Softball vs. Louisburg College
• Mar. 29 - Softball vs. Richard Bland College
• Mar. 29-30 - Baseball vs. USC-Sumter
• Mar. 30 - Softball vs. Methodist University