Find PCC on Facebook and join the 5,502 fans already receiving our latest news, photos, videos, events and announcements!
AST Students Visit Petty's Garage
Foundation Holds Scholarship Reception
|The PCC Foundation held a reception to honor student scholarship recipients and thank the individuals and organizations whose generosity made the awards possible.|
2015 Down East Holiday Show a Success
December 2015 Edition Quick Hitters ...
• Each month, President G. Dennis Massey provides a "College Update" with the latest PCC highlights.
• The November 2015 edition of PCC InSight highlighted the college's Human Services Technology program and its Extreme Aging Game. It also provides an update on the PCC Tutoring and Academic Success Center's newest initiatives to help students succeed. (VIDEO)
• The PCC Foundation is encouraging members of the community to support student scholarships Dec. 1 by donating to the organization on #GivingTuesday. (READ MORE)
• The PCC Symphony Orchestra will present its annual Holiday Concert Dec. 8 at Oakmont Baptist Church in Greenville. (READ MORE)
• Priority Registration for the 2016 Spring Semester at will continue at the college through Dec. 7. (READ MORE)
• PCC Student Ambassadors and the Student Activities Center’s Volunteer Services organized a food drive in November and collected 451 pounds of food to donate to the Food Bank of Central and Eastern North Carolina. That equates to 380 meals that PCC donated/assisted with during the holiday season to those in the own community.
• The PCC Foundation thanked its most ardent supporters during a special reception at the Hilton Greenville on Nov. 19. (PHOTO GALLERY)
• PCC honored the nation’s military veterans last month with a ceremony that featured remarks from retired Navy Rear Admiral Gretchen Herbert. (READ MORE)
• Representatives from 12 four-year institutions took part in PCC's University Fair, which was held Nov. 12 to give college transfer students an opportunity to learn more about their educational options. (PHOTO)
• Gamma Beta Phi and the PCC Center for Student Activities combined efforts to hold a successful blood drive on campus Nov. 19. (PHOTO)
• The college launched a new Instagram account this fall. You can sign up to follow it HERE.
• The PCC Alumni Association is providing an avenue for people in the community to honor friends and family members by purchasing a custom brick in the patio and gardens that surround the college’s new clock tower. (READ MORE)
• We are proud of our current students and graduates and love sharing their stories of success. If you are a PCC student or alum and have a success story you would like to share, please email Rob Goldberg, PCC communications director, so we can be sure to include you on our "Creating Success" web page.
Upcoming Events ...
• Dec. 1 - #GivingTuesday
• Dec. 7 - Priority Registration Ends
• Dec. 8 - PCC Symphony Orchestra Concert
• Dec. 16 - Priority Registration Payment Deadline
• Dec. 19 - Jan. 3 - Campus Closed (Christmas)
• Jan. 5-6 - Walk-In Registration
• Be sure to watch "PCC Outreach with Ernis Lee" Mondays at 8:30 p.m. on Cable Channel 23.
2nd Annual Coburn Classic Set for Dec. 4-6
WINTERVILLE—Pitt Community College will honor the life of former basketball coach Charles Coburn this weekend with a tournament that features 14 teams and an appearance by drag racer Tony Shumacher.
Coburn, who passed away in 2013 at age 65, was a 1973 PCC Business Administration graduate. He played basketball for two seasons at Pitt despite losing his right arm to a mortar round during the Vietnam War in 1969. He later coached at his alma mater for 14 seasons and was the college’s first athletic director—all as a full-time volunteer.
Coburn’s service to the community and accomplishments includes 41 years as a baseball umpire in Eastern North Carolina. When he retired from officiating in March 2012, the Pitt County Umpires Association retired his #32 umpire uniform during a ceremony at PCC.
Upcoming PCC Athletic Events ...
• Dec. 4-6 - Charles Coburn Classic at PCC
• Dec. 12 - Volleyball Tryout