Find PCC on Facebook and join the 5,409 fans already receiving our latest news, photos, videos, events and announcements!
Down East Holiday Show Is Nov. 5-8
PCC Breaks Ground on New Building
|PCC administrators got out the shovels and broke ground last month at the site of the college’s future science and technology training center.|
Goodman Earns Assoc. in Science at 15
November 2015 Edition Quick Hitters ...
• Each month, President G. Dennis Massey provides a "College Update" with the latest PCC highlights.
• Continuing students will have the first opportunity to sign up for courses when the college begins priority registration for the 2016 Spring Semester on Nov. 9. (READ MORE)
• The October 2015 edition of PCC InSight highlighted the college's Construction and Industrial Technology Division and Serve in Belize program. (VIDEO)
• A reverse transfer program PCC piloted two years ago has helped more than 1,400 students earn associate degrees after transferring to University of North Carolina institutions. (READ MORE)
• The college launched a new Instagram account last month. You can sign up to follow it HERE.
• PCC welcomed 21 high school seniors to its VISIONS Career Development and Scholarship Program last month. (PHOTO GALLERY)
• PCC’s Academic Affairs Division earned the Way to Success Trophy and bragging rights by having the highest percentage of “success coaches” for the current academic year. (PHOTO)
• The college's English as a Second Language students visited Tryon Palace Oct. 31. (FACEBOOK PHOTO GALLERY)
• Members of the N.C. Coastal Society for Human Resource Management recently drew from their personal experiences to offer PCC Transitional Studies students sage advice about obtaining employment. (READ MORE)
• The PCC Women’s Resource Center held a Women’s Resource Fair on campus Oct. 14 in the Craig F. Goess Student Center multipurpose room. (PHOTO GALLERY)
• PCC's chapter of Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society inducted new members last month. (PHOTO)
• Fall Fest last month gave the college's clubs and organizations an opportunity to recruit new members and raise funds for various educational activities and charitable causes. (PHOTO GALLERY)
• PCC alum Joe Walston, who is the Carolinas Division purchasing manager for D.R. Horton Homes, stopped by campus Oct. 8 to visit classrooms and speak with students about career opportunities, internships and tips for success. (PHOTO)
• PCC students will have an opportunity to travel to Ireland and earn college credit this summer as part of a 10-day trip that is also open to members of the community. (READ MORE)
• PCC students and employees joined their counterparts at community colleges across the nation in pausing for a moment of silence Oct. 8 to honor the nine individuals who lost their lives during a mass shooting at Umpqua Community College in Roseburg, Ore., Oct. 1. (PHOTO)
• PCC Student Ambassadors took part in a leadership development retreat in Raleigh last month. (PHOTO)
• The PCC Foundational Studies Division has added a new course designed to help foreign students prepare for testing to become naturalized citizens of the United States of America. (READ MORE)
• The PCC Global: Explore program is seeking individuals interested in participating in a pair of educational adventures it has organized for the spring of 2016. (READ MORE)
• The PCC Alumni Association is providing an avenue for people in the community to honor friends and family members by purchasing a custom brick in the patio and gardens that surround the college’s new clock tower. (READ MORE)
• We are proud of our current students and graduates and love sharing their stories of success. If you are a PCC student or alum and have a success story you would like to share, please email Rob Goldberg, PCC communications director, so we can be sure to include you on our "Creating Success" web page.
Upcoming Events ...
• Nov. 5-8 - PCC Foundation Down East Holiday Show
• Nov. 9 - Dec. 7 - 2016 Spring Semeser Priority Registration
• Nov. 9 - Student Flu Shot Clinic
• Nov. 11 - Veterans Salute
• Nov. 12 - University Fair
• Nov. 19 - Blood Drive
• Nov. 19 - BLET Spring Registration
• Nov. 20 - Family Fun Festival
• Nov. 24 - Yoga for Relaxation (Diabetes Awareness Month)
• Nov. 26-29 - Campus Closed (Thanksgiving)
Volleyball Bulldogs Break Out Pink Uniforms to Support Fight Against Breast Cancer
Upcoming PCC Athletic Events ...
• Dec. 4-6 - Charles Coburn Classic at PCC