Find PCC on Facebook and join the 5,376 fans already receiving our latest news, photos, videos, events and announcements!
PCC Unveils Sign at Farmville Center
Report Shows Value of PCC Education
|A report released by the N.C. Community College System this summer shows there is considerable monetary value to a Pitt Community College education.|
Employees Meet for Annual Convocation
September 2015 Edition Quick Hitters ...
• Each month, President G. Dennis Massey provides a "College Update" with the latest PCC highlights.
• A number of late-start classes for the 2015 Fall Semester are still available. (MORE DETAILS)
• The PCC Foundation kicked off its annual Employee Excellence Fund Drive Aug. 31 with a luncheon for Fair Share givers, who pledge at least 1 percent of their annual salaries to the charitable organization. (PHOTO GALLERY)
• PCC Trustees got together for a group photo prior to their meeting on campus Aug. 25. (PHOTO)
• The college will kick off the third year of its Community College Leadership Preparation Program Sept. 9 with a panel presentation on academic support services. (READ MORE)
• PCC received a $125,000-grant from the N.C. Community College System to coordinate a comprehensive review of the state’s office and medical office administration curricula. (READ MORE)
• N.C. Community College System President Scott Ralls and N.C. Independent Colleges and Universities President Hope Williams met Sept. 3 to sign a revised Independent Comprehensive Articulation Agreement between the two higher education systems. (READ MORE)
• Every Tuesday, PCC employees and students are encouraged to show their school spirit by wearing their PCC royal blue. We call it "Turn It Blue Tuesday." (PHOTO GALLERY)
• PCC will hold its 3rd Annual Forklift Rodeo this fall and is seeking teams from local industries to compete in the yearly forklift safety competition. (READ MORE)
• The 2015-16 PCC Student Ambassadors were hard at work last month, taking part in three days of training to prepare for their duties during the current academic year. (READ MORE)
• A number of Pitt County youngsters were looking sharp when they headed back to school in August, thanks to the generosity of PCC's Barber School at Altitude Academy. (READ MORE)
• The college held a number of on-campus events last month to welcome students back to campus, including a part-time job fair, international student reception and Bubble Soccer. (PHOTO GALLERY)
• Aug. 10, 2015 was the first day of school for 75 high school freshmen enrolled in the new Pitt County Early College High School located on the PCC campus. (PHOTO GALLERY)
• Organizers of the 2015 PCC Foundation Fall Golf Classic have announced that this year’s tournament will take place Sept. 17 at Greenville Country Club. (READ MORE)
• The PCC Foundation is raising funds for student scholarships and various educational activities by selling chances to win a brand new Mercedes-Benz. (MORE DETAILS)
• The PCC Alumni Association is providing an avenue for people in the community to honor friends and family members by purchasing a custom brick in the patio and gardens that surround the college’s new clock tower. (READ MORE)
• We are proud of our current students and graduates and love sharing their stories of success. If you are a PCC student or alum and have a success story you would like to share, please email Rob Goldberg, PCC communications director, so we can be sure to include you on our "Creating Success" web page.
Upcoming Events ...
• Sept. 9 - Leadership Series
• Sept. 10 - TRiO Celebration
• Sept. 15 - PCC Scholars of Global Distinction Meet & Greet
• Sept. 15 - SGA Corner Meeting
• Sept. 15 - Farmville Center Public Forum
• Sept. 16 - Social Media Empowering Excellence Workshop
• Sept. 16 - Live and Learn in Paris Information Session
• Sept. 17 - PCC Foundation Golf Classic
• Sept. 16 - Live and Learn in Paris Information Session
• Sept. 22 - Farmville Center Public Forum
• Sept. 23 - Diabetes and Alcohol: Do They Really Mix?
• Sept. 26 - Farmville Center Public Forum
• Sept. 28 - Live and Learn in Paris Information Session
• Oct. 2 - Forklift Rodeo
• Nov. 5-8 - PCC Foundation Down East Holiday Show
• Be sure to watch "PCC Outreach with Ernis Lee" Mondays at 8:30 p.m. on Cable Channel 23.
Gold Glove Award Arrives for PCC's Denton
WINTERVILLE—Before the fly balls, grounders, curveballs and cuts in the batting cage, there was a little pomp and circumstance at the start of PCC's Sept. 1 baseball practice.
Coach Tommy Eason, after gathering his players outside the home dugout at Minges-Overton Baseball Complex, presented an award to sophomore Trevor Denton, igniting a smile on the player's face every bit as radiant as the shiny gold catcher's mitt he'd just been handed.
At the conclusion of the 2015 season, Denton was selected by the American Baseball Coaches Association and NJCAA as one of nine Division I ABCA/Rawlings Gold Glove Award recipients. The award arrived on campus last week.
As a freshman out of Hanover High School in Mechanicsville, Va., Denton recorded a perfect, 1.000 fielding percentage in his first season as a Bulldog catcher. In 23 games, he finished with 117 total chances, recording 103 putouts and 14 assists, and threw out eight of the 22 base runners who attempted to steal on him.
September Athletics Quick Hitters
• PCC Volleyball is off to a 1-4 start this season. The Bulldogs lost three straight to open the 2015 campaign on Sept. 4, falling to Guilford Tech, Cape Fear and Catawba Valley, before beating Louisburg College in five sets the next day. Pitt fell to Surry Community College, 3-1, in their final game of the Region X-travaganza.
• PCC softball players took time out of their fall practice slate for player portrait and team photos. (FACEBOOK PHOTO GALLERY).
Upcoming PCC Athletics Events ...
• Sept. 11 - Volleyball vs. Wake Tech
• Sept. 11 - Volleyball vs. USC Lancaster
• Sept. 17 - Volleyball at Cape Fear Community College
• Sept. 19 - Volleyball at Brunswick Community College
• Sept. 19 - Softball at Campbell University (Doubleheader)
• Sept. 22 - Volleyball vs. Lenoir Community College
• Sept. 26 - Volleyball vs. Surry Community College