Find PCC on Facebook and join the 5,129 fans already receiving our latest news, photos, videos, events and announcements!
PCC Class of 2015 Turns Its Tassels
Project Offers 'Real-World' Experience
|A group of PCC Architectural Technology students created designs this spring for a potential tourist attraction in the coastal town of Beaufort.|
Barnhill Honored for Service to College
June 2015 Edition Quick Hitters ...
• Each month, President G. Dennis Massey provides a "College Update" with the latest PCC highlights.
• N.C. Gov. Pat McCrory visited campus May 29 to promote his NC Connect bond proposal that would provide funding for education and infrastructure improvements statewide. (PHOTO GALLERY)
• The PCC VISIONS Career Development and Scholarship Program celebrated the upcoming graduations of high school participants on May 27 at the Greenville Hilton. (WATCH VIDEO)
• The PCC Board of Trustees unanimously approved a recommendation May 26 to name the college’s Construction and Industrial Technology Building for local businessman and PCC alumnus Craig M. Goess. (READ MORE)
• Without helmets, weaponry and camouflage, it was impossible to distinguish military veterans from their fellow PCC graduates during last month’s graduation ceremony. (READ MORE)
• The PCC Alumni Association honored outstanding graduates May 20 for their accomplishments professionally, in the community and in service to their alma mater. (READ MORE)
• The Public Services and Fine Arts Division recently honored student Jessica Nellis for academic excellence by presenting her with the 2015 John Minges Criminal Justice Scholarship. (READ MORE)
• PCC's barber school program was recently recognized by the N.C. Board of Barber Examiners for having one of the highest passing rates on the state’s barber licensing examination for the second consecutive year. (READ MORE)
• The Architectural Technology Department is now accepting applications for the “Outside the Box: An Architectural Exploration Camp” that will take place on campus this month. (READ MORE)
• Win a 2015 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 4Matic Sedan! The PCC Foundation is raffling off a Mercedes-Benz luxury automobile. All proceeds support the Foundation’s programs and scholarships. (MORE DETAILS)
• The PCC Alumni Association is providing an avenue for people in the community to honor friends and family members by purchasing a custom brick in the patio and gardens that surround the college’s new clock tower. (READ MORE)
• Every Tuesday, PCC employees and students are encouraged to show their school spirit by wearing their PCC royal blue. We call it "Turn It Blue Tuesday." (FACEBOOK PHOTO GALLERY)
• We are proud of our current students and graduates and love sharing their stories of success. If you are a PCC student or alum and have a success story you would like to share, please email Rob Goldberg, PCC communications director, so we can be sure to include you on our "Creating Success" web page.
Upcoming Events ...
• June 4 - American Red Cross Blood Drive
• June 5 - Weekend College Begins
• June 13 - "Outside the Box Camp" Registration Deadline
• July 3-5 - Fourth of July Holiday (PCC Closed)
• July 20-24 - Explore! Camp
• July 27-31 - Explore! Camp
• Be sure to watch "PCC Outreach with Ernis Lee" Mondays at 8:30 p.m. on Cable Channel 23.
Baseball Program to Hold Tryouts June 17
WINTERVILLE—The Pitt Community College baseball program will hold a tryout for unsigned high school seniors at Minges-Overton Baseball Complex on June 17.
In order to participate, players must show proof of having completed a physical within the past year. No player will be permitted to take part in the tryout without it.
The pro-style workout will begin at 10:30 a.m. for position players and include the following: 60-yard dash, infield/outfield from positions, and batting practice. Pitchers will throw at least 30 each in a bullpen setting, starting at 12:30 p.m.
Upcoming Athletic Events ...
• June 15-18 - Volleyball Camp
• June 17 - Baseball Tryouts