Find PCC on Facebook and join the 5,055 fans already receiving our latest news, photos, videos, events and announcements!
2014 Holiday Show a Record-Setter
|PCC Foundation officials reported in November that the 2014 Down East Holiday Show set new fundraising and attendance records for the three-day event.|
10 Years Later, VISIONS Alive and Well
SBC Honored for Innovative Program
December 2014 Edition Quick Hitters ...
• Each month, President G. Dennis Massey provides a "College Update" with the latest PCC highlights.
• PCC joined the rest of the nation last month in honoring members of the country’s military – past and present – for the sacrifices they have made during America's wars for the cause of peace. (READ MORE)
• Students enrolled in an environmental biology course recently participated in a hands-on, scientific study of pond fish at Greenville’s River Park North. (READ MORE)
• The PCC Foundation held a reception Nov. 13 to recognize student scholarship recipients and thank the individuals and organizations responsible for establishing and supporting the awards. (PHOTO GALLERY)
• President G. Dennis Massey will participate in an education summit this week sponsored by the Greenville-Pitt County Chamber of Commerce. (READ MORE)
• The PCC Alumni Association is providing an avenue for people in the community to honor friends and family members by purchasing a custom brick in the patio and gardens that surround the college’s future clock tower. (READ MORE)
• N.C. Central University Dean of Students Gary Brown spoke with PCC students participating in last month's “Man Jam” event about the importance of tailoring speech, dress and behavior to various audiences and settings. (PHOTO)
• Gay/Straight Alliance members wrapped up a successful food drive last month to benefit the Pitt County Animal Shelter and the Pet Food Pantry of Eastern North Carolina. (PHOTO)
• The Student Ambassador Leadership Program is now accepting applications. Find out more about the program and how to apply HERE. Applications are due Feb. 6.
• The PCC Men's Resource Center held Men's Day in the Craig F. Goess Student Center on Nov. 6. (PHOTO GALLERY)
• Students and employees gathered at the Peace Pole on campus Nov. 4 as part of the college's celebration of International Education Week. (PHOTO)
• Dr. Donald Spell spoke to fellow employees last month as part of the college's Community College Leadership Preparation Program. (FACEBOOK PHOTO)
• Every Tuesday, PCC employees and students are encouraged to show their school spirit by wearing their PCC royal blue. We call it "Turn It Blue Tuesday." (FACEBOOK PHOTO GALLERY)
• We are proud of our current students and graduates and love sharing their stories of success. If you are a PCC student or alum and have a success story you would like to share, please email Rob Goldberg, PCC communications director, so we can be sure to include you on our "Creating Success" web page.
Upcoming Events ...
• Dec. 9 - PCC Symphony Orchestra Holiday Concert
• Dec. 11 - Education Summit
• Dec. 15 - Priority Registration Payment Deadline
• Dec. 20-Jan. 4 - Christmas Break (Campus Closed)
• Jan. 7-8 - Walk-In Registration
• Jan. 15 - MLK Scholarship Breakfast
• Be sure to watch "PCC Outreach with Ernis Lee" Mondays at 8:30 p.m. on Cable Channel 23.
Basketball Steamrolls MACU for 4-1 Record
ELIZABETH CITY—Pitt Community College took a commanding lead into halftime and expanded the margin even further over the final 20 minutes to beat Mid-Atlantic Christian University on Saturday, 116-60.
The Bulldogs used high-pressure defense at the start to lead early, 21-6, before moving out to a 56-31 advantage by intermission. It was more of the same in the second half as PCC outscored the Mustangs 60-29 for a second straight win.
As a team, the Bulldogs shot 61.3 percent from the field (46-for-75), including 11 of 18 (61.1 percent) from 3-point range.
Josh Cox paced Pitt offensively with 19 points, and Jacob Ashorn added 18 more off the bench.
PCC is now 4-1 overall, 2-0 in the Region X Conference.
Next up for Pitt will be Sandhills Community College at home in the Charles Coburn Center Dec. 9 at 6 p.m.
December 2014 Athletics Quick Hitters ...
• PCC Baseball released its 2015 schedule last month. The Bulldogs will play 28 home games this season, including key Region X Conference games against USC-Lancaster (March 7-8), Spartanburg Methodist (March 28-29) and Guilford Tech April 11-12).
• Check out PCC Men's Basketball portrait and team photos on Facebook.
Upcoming Home Athletic Events ...
• Dec. 11 - PCC Basketball vs. Louisburg College
• Dec. 17 - PCC Basketball vs. USC-Salkehatchie
• Dec. 19 - PCC Basketball vs. Montgomery College (Md.)