Find PCC on Facebook and join the 5,015 fans already receiving our latest news, photos, videos, events and announcements!
College Hosts Align4NCWorks Summit
|The North Carolina Community College System’s effort to prepare a skilled workforce that will grow the state’s economy was the focus of a meeting at PCC Oct. 6.|
Foundation Reports Fundraising Success
College Now Using Multiple Measures
November 2014 Edition Quick Hitters ...
• Each month, President G. Dennis Massey provides a "College Update" with the latest PCC highlights.
• Check out this month's edition of "PCC InSight" for a closer look at the college's Computer Integrated Machining program and Tutorial and Academic Success Center.
• Firefighters from three area stations participated in a live burn qualification course through PCC's Continuing Education Division in October. (READ MORE)
• Students enjoyed food, fun and games Oct. 8, when the PCC Student Government Association held its annual Fall Fest event on campus. (PHOTO GALLERY)
• The PCC Women's Resource Center sponsored a Women's Resource Fair on campus Oct. 15 for students and employees. (PHOTO GALLERY)
• Hard work in the classroom paid off in the form of a scholarship for a radiography student last month. (READ MORE)
• In conjunction with National Respiratory Care Week (Oct. 19-25, 2014), the PCC Respiratory Therapy program held an open house on campus Oct. 23. (PHOTO GALLERY)
• Every Tuesday, PCC employees and students are encouraged to show their school spirit by wearing their PCC royal blue. We call it "Turn It Blue Tuesday." (FACEBOOK PHOTO GALLERY)
• We are proud of our current students and graduates and love sharing their stories of success. If you are a PCC student or alum and have a success story you would like to share, please email Rob Goldberg, PCC communications director, so we can be sure to include you on our "Creating Success" web page.
Upcoming Events ...
• Nov. 7 - Priority Registration Begins
• Nov. 7-9 - Down East Holiday Show
• Nov. 11 - Veterans Salute
• Nov. 25-26 - Faculty/Student Break (No Classes)
• Nov. 27-30 - Thanksgiving (Campus Closed)
• Dec. 5 - Priority Registration Ends
• Be sure to watch "PCC Outreach with Ernis Lee" Mondays at 8:30 p.m. on Cable Channel 23.
Volleyball Finishes Season with 7-21 Record
Pitt Community College volleyball wrapped up its 2014 campaign Nov. 7 with a 3-0 loss to Catawba Valley Community College in the first round of the 2014 Region X Conference Tournament.
With the CVCC loss, the Bulldogs finished the season with a 7-21 overall. The team went 4-12 in Region X Conference play.
Pitt finished its regular-season slate by splitting a tri-match in Jamestown, N.C. Oct. 25. After falling to Wake Technical Institute, 3-0, PCC rallied to top Guilford Technical Community College in a back-and-forth affair, 3-2 (20-25, 25-23, 22-25, 28-26 and 15-9).
November 2014 Athletics Quick Hitters ...
• PCC and ECU donned their pink uniforms in support of Breast Cancer Awareness Month for an exhibition doubleheader at East Carolina Oct. 17. The Bulldogs trailed early in game one with the Pirates but stayed within reach before falling, 6-0. East Carolina took game two by a 15-0 count. (FACEBOOK PHOTO GALLERY)
• Pitt topped visiting Mid-Atlantic Christian University Oct. 22 in what was the final home game for sophomores Olivia Newbern, Laurie Williamson, Spenser Staton and Jordan Young. The four were honored prior to the game, which PCC won, 3-0 (25-14, 25-8 and 25-14) to go 6-19 overall. (PHOTO GALLERY)