Find PCC on Facebook and join the 4,759 fans already receiving our latest news, photos, videos, events and announcements!
HVAC Program Makes Blog Site's 'Top 25'
|A national Internet blogging site included PCC on its list of the country’s best colleges to pursue an education in Air Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Technology.|
Check out This Month's PCC InSight!
The July 2014 edition of PCC InSight highlights the TRiO umbrella of programs available to assist students with starting their college careers and also takes a look at how the Altitude Academy of Barbering is a cut above others in the state.
Owens Named VP of Admin. Services
July 2014 Edition Quick Hitters ...
• Each month, President G. Dennis Massey provides a "College Update" with the latest PCC highlights.
• High school students in the VISIONS Career Development and Scholarship Program completed a whirlwind tour last month to gain a better understanding of career and educational possibilities available to them locally. (READ STORY)
• The Human Services Department has joined a national initiative to increase mental health literacy by offering training to help identify, understand and respond to signs of mental illness. (READ STORY)
• Bruiser (aka 'Chico'), PCC's bulldog mascot, was on campus for a photo shoot June 27 as part of his prize for winning the 2014 Bulldog Beauty Contest this spring. (PHOTO GALLERY)
• PCC will receive Golden LEAF Foundation grant funding as part of a multi-agency partnership to develop an effective education-to-workforce pipeline that will help address eastern North Carolina’s growing need for advanced manufacturing workers and entrepreneurs. (READ STORY)
• The PCC cosmetology program became the first in eastern North Carolina and second in the state to partner with Bloom, an expanding social media network that provides students with tools to find clients, jobs, and showcase their portfolios online. (READ STORY)
• The newest group of PCC Student Ambassadors met for orientation last month in preparation for their responsibilities during the 2014-15 academic year. (PHOTO GALLERY)
• With a .355 batting average and .410 on-base percentage, it's safe to say former PCC baseball player Lonnie Chisenhall is having his best season as a major leaguer. (READ STORY)
• The PCC Foundation announced in June that students wanting to apply for scholarships at the college can now do so online. (READ STORY)
• See the evolution of the Vernon E. White Building in this 'Throwback Thursday' photo posted June 26. (PHOTO)
• The PCC Alumni Association launched a new website last month to help foster lifelong relationships between former students and their alma mater. (READ STORY)
• Jerry Pittman and students from the college's Horticulture Technology program recently assisted a local Girl Scout troop on a service project. (READ STORY)
• The PCC Symphony Orchestra made its second-ever appearance in Greenville's Sunday in the Park Series June 15. (SCENE AROUND GALLERY)
• During a special meeting June 11, the Pitt County Board of Commissioners unanimously approved a request by PCC President G. Dennis Massey to make the board co-applicants of a $2 million- federal Economic Development Administration grant application. (READ STORY)
• Keith Dunbar, a D.H. Conley senior concurrently enrolled at PCC in the spring, won the 2nd Annual PCC Student Poetry Contest. (READ STORY)
• Check out former PCC pitcher Dallas Newton pitching to former Major League All-Star Manny Ramirez HERE.
• Every Tuesday, PCC employees and students are encouraged to show their school spirit by wearing their PCC royal blue. We call it "Turn It Blue Tuesday." (FACEBOOK PHOTO GALLERY)
• We are proud of our current students and graduates and love sharing their stories of success. If you are a PCC student or alum and have a success story you would like to share, please email Rob Goldberg, PCC communications director, so we can be sure to include you on our "Creating Success" web page.
Upcoming Events ...
• July 7 - Explore! Registration Deadline
• July 23 - New Student Orientation
• July 30 - Fall Registration Closes
• August 7 - Cheerleader Tryouts
• August 13 - Convocation
• August 15 - Fall Semester Begins
• Be sure to watch "PCC Outreach with Ernis Lee" Mondays at 8:30 p.m. on Cable Channel 23.