College Re-Opens Fall Registration Period
|Continuing students planning to take classes this fall can sign up for them until July 30, either online, via their myPittcc accounts, or by meeting with academic advisors.|
Check out This Month's PCC InSight!
June 2014 Edition Quick Hitters ...
• Each month, President G. Dennis Massey provides a "College Update" with the latest PCC highlights.
• Student Development Services personnel are encouraging prospective fall students to sign up for orientation this month in order to register for classes and learn about available support services. (READ STORY)
• PCC administrators took a moment during graduation May 12 to honor Raymond Reddrick Jr., a retired educator who served on the college’s Board of Trustees for nearly 30 years. (READ STORY)
• The Foundational Studies Division held graduation at the Greenville Convention Center May 13 for students completing their high school equivalency and adult high school program requirements. (FACEBOOK PHOTO GALLERY)
• Nearly 60 high school juniors graduated from the "Visions Career Development and Scholarship Program" at PCC last month. (WNCT STORY)
• The Public Services and Fine Arts Division presented the John Minges Criminal Justice Scholarship to student Brooke Belch last month in recognition of her classroom excellence. (READ STORY)
• The Architectural Technology Department is now accepting applications for its “Outside the Box: An Architectural Exploration Camp” that will take place on campus later this month. (READ STORY)
• Last month, 2010 PCC BLET graduate Justin Wooten was one of eight Greenville Police Department officers to be honored with an American Police Hall of Fame "Silver Star for Bravery." (WITN STORY)
• The N.C. Community College System’s efforts to prepare a skilled workforce and grow the state’s economy were the focus of the Greenville-Pitt County Chamber of Commerce’s Power Luncheon Series on May 20. (READ STORY)
• As a result of Dr. James Zemanek Jr.'s friendship with the late Zach Russian, PCC Automotive Systems Technology students will have a new opportunity to earn a scholarship as they pursue their educational goals. (READ STORY)
• Students recently shared their thoughts on the prospect of a federally-recognized national language for the United States as they competed against one another in the college's annual public speaking contest. (READ STORY)
• PCC will launch its annual Summer Program for Academic Navigation this month to help recent high school and GED graduates make a successful transition into higher education this fall. (READ STORY)
• The Pitt County American Legion Agricultural Fair, Inc., recently gave $25,000 to the PCC Foundation to establish an endowed scholarship. (PHOTO)
• The Men’s Resource Center and Human Resources Department held a reception to recognize individuals who gave presentations on leadership as part a new leadership program at the colelge. The event also served as an opportunity for MRC to present its first-ever “Man of Excellence Award” to Ernis Lee. (READ STORY)
• As part of “Military Appreciation Month,” the PCC Library set up a writing station in May for students and employees to sign the cards, which will be delivered to military personnel through the Operation Write Home program. (PHOTO)
• PCC nursing students – past, present and future – were honored by the Pitt Golden K Kiwanis, during a ceremony at Greenville Golf and Country Club. (READ STORY)
• On May 21, WITN-7 named 2009 PCC graduate Keoshia Allen its "Teacher of the Week." (WITN STORY)
• The PCC Alumni Association launched a new website last month. Check it out HERE.
• Nice photo of the PCC Chorale taken last month.
• Andrew Stephens, a Spring 2014 Criminal Justice Technology graduate, won a diploma frame from the PCC Bookstore for completing the college's annual graduation survey. (PHOTO)
• Construction of Phase II of the Craig F. Goess Student Center is well underway. (PHOTO)
• Every Tuesday, PCC employees and students are encouraged to show their school spirit by wearing their PCC royal blue. We call it "Turn It Blue Tuesday." (FACEBOOK PHOTO GALLERY)
• We are proud of our current students and graduates and love sharing their stories of success. If you are a PCC student or alum and have a success story you would like to share, please email Rob Goldberg, PCC communications director, so we can be sure to include you on our "Creating Success" web page.
Upcoming Events ...
• June 9 - SPAN Application Deadline
• June 16-19 - VISIONS Summer Institute
• June 18 - Summer Splash
• June 26 - SPAN Begins
• July 4-6 - Campus Closed (Independence Day Holiday)
• July 23 - New Student Orientation
• July 30 - Fall Registration Closes
• Be sure to watch "PCC Outreach with Ernis Lee" Mondays at 8:30 p.m. on Cable Channel 23.