PCC Alum to Address Class of 2014
|Former Bulldog baseball player and PCC Student Ambassador will serve as this year's graduation speaker when commencement takes place on May 12.|
Check out This Month's PCC InSight!
College Holds Annual Employee Appreciation & Recognition Evening
May 2014 Edition Quick Hitters ...
• Each month, President G. Dennis Massey provides a "College Update" with the latest PCC highlights.
• The PCC Alumni Association honored a trio of outstanding graduates last month as part of its Alumni Weekend festivities that also included the annual Bulldog Run and inaugural Bulldog Beauty Contest. (READ MORE)
• The list of accomplishments for Student Government Association President La’Quon Rogers is growing by leaps and bounds. (READ MORE)
• Recent graduate John Tate has been selected as one of 75 American students to participate in the prestigious Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange program later this year. (READ MORE)
• Ruffin McNeill, head coach of the East Carolina University football team, was on campus in April to speak with high school students participating in the “College Bound: Here We Come” program. (READ MORE)
• PCC Director of Tutoring and Academic Success Nicholas Vick said this semester's Exam Jam event was a success. A total of 84 students took part in the program on May 5 and studied for a combined 144.71 hours, he said.
• Jessica Jaimes, director of PCC Global, has been selected to receive a scholarship to attend the 2014 National Association of Foreign Student Advisers (NAFSA) Annual Conference & Expo in San Diego this month. (READ MORE)
• The Continuing Education Division is now accepting registrations for participation in this year’s “Explore! Summer Youth Program!” (READ MORE)
• Nursing student Rebecca Haislip recently received the Greenville Morning Rotary Club’s 2014 Sen. Ed N. Warren Scholarship. (READ MORE)
• Students had great weather to enjoy this year's Spring Fling festivities outside of the Ed and Joan Warren Building. (PHOTO GALLERY)
• The Men’s Resource Center has reported its second annual “Best Foot Forward Professional Clothing Drive” was a major success. (READ MORE)
• PCC held its annual Earth Day Fair April 16 in the college’s Craig F. Goess Student Center. (PHOTO GALLERY)
• The 2014 PCC Graphic Design Portfolio Show is on display at the Greenville Museum of Art through May 20. (FACEBOOK EVENT PAGE)
• The PCC Financial Aid Office has established May 15 as the priority deadline for applying for financial aid for the 2014 Fall Semester, which begins Aug. 15. (READ MORE)
• Individuals wanting to enroll in courses at PCC this summer will have one more opportunity to sign up, when the college holds walk-in registration on May 20. (READ MORE)
• Congratulations to 'Vet Status,' winner of this year's 5-on-5 Intramural Basketball Tournament. Team members were Derek Hardy, JaQuan Blount, Darrick Mullins, Jasmin Spain and Bershuan Thompson. (PHOTO)
• Every Tuesday, PCC employees and students are encouraged to show their school spirit by wearing their PCC royal blue. We call it "Turn It Blue Tuesday." (FACEBOOK PHOTO GALLERY)
• We are proud of our current students and graduates and love sharing their stories of success. If you are a PCC student or alum and have a success story you would like to share, please email Rob Goldberg, PCC communications director, so we can be sure to include you on our "Creating Success" web page.
Upcoming Events ...
• May 12 - Graduation
• May 20 - Walk-In Registration
• May 21 - Summer Classes Begin
• May 24-26 - Campus Closed (Memorial Day)
• May 30 - Weekend College Begins
• Be sure to watch "PCC Outreach with Ernis Lee" Mondays at 8:30 p.m. on Cable Channel 23.
• PCC Softball will hold an open tryout on May 17 at 2 p.m. for all unsigned seniors. Those interested in attending must contact Coach Junior Bailey at email@example.com.
• After a 27-7 season that ended just short of a trip to the national championship tournament, eight PCC softball players earned Region X Conference recognition for their play in 2014. (READ MORE)
• Having led their team to a 32-14 record this season, four PCC baseball players were recognized by the Region X Conference for their accomplishments on the diamond in 2014. (READ MORE)
• PCC basketball player JaQuan Blount signed a letter-of-intent April 16 to continue his basketball playing career at the University of Mount Olive. (FACEBOOK PHOTO)
• This year's Region X Conference Baseball Tournament took place at Kinston's Grainger Stadium. On May 5, the Bulldogs topped Florence-Darlington Technical College, 2-1. (PHOTO GALLERY)
• WNCT recently featured PCC baseball player Jake May's fight against Leukemia. (WNCT VIDEO)
• Following PCC's doubleheader sweep of Thomas Nelson Community College on April 26, Baseball Coach Tommy Eason honored freshman catcher Jake May, who has been battling cancer for nearly two years, and raised money for Riley's Army. (FACEBOOK PHOTO GALLERY)