Find PCC on Facebook and join the 4,380 fans already receiving our latest news, photos, videos, events and announcements!
2013 Holiday Show a Record-Setter
|PCC Foundation officials reported in November that the 2013 Down East Holiday Show set new fundraising and attendance records for the three-day event.|
Ambassadors Support Kidney Fund
|PCC Student Ambassadors wrapped up their annual service project Nov. 25 by presenting a $2,200-check to the American Kidney Fund.|
Gould Hired as VP of Academic Affairs
December 2013 Edition Quick Hitters ...
• Each month, President G. Dennis Massey provides a "College Update" with the latest college news. Click HERE for Dr. Massey's December 2013 update.
• For the 16th year in a row, PCC honored the nation's veterans with a program on campus. The annual 'Veterans Salute' took place Nov. 11 with USMC Sgt. Major Mario P. Fields serving as keynote speaker. (VIDEO) (PHOTO GALLERY)
• PCC students interested in pursuing nursing careers are being encouraged to apply for participation in the Eastern North Carolina Regionally Increasing Baccalaureate Nurses (RIBN) partnership. (READ MORE)
• The college has launched its first-ever PCC Alumni online community. (VIDEO)
• PCC Global is seeking travelers interested in participating in a 12-day European educational adventure this spring. (READ MORE)
• Administrators announced last month that the college developed short-term training for individuals interested in work within the pharmaceutical industry. (READ MORE)
• A pair of Occupational Therapy Assistant (OTA) students received scholarships this fall in recognition of their academic success. (READ MORE)
• The PCC Symphony Orchestra will present its annual Holiday Concert Dec. 10 at 7:30 pm at Reimage Church in Winterville. (READ MORE)
• PCC students and employees gathered around the college’s Peace Pole Nov. 12 as part of International Education Week. (PHOTO)
• Dawn Purvis, a second-year Occupational Therapy Assistant (OTA) student, was recently awarded the Faye B. Gurganus OTA Scholarship. (READ MORE)
• Daniel Coward, a second-year student in the Electrical Systems Technology program, recently received a tool set from the Klein Tool Company as a reward for classroom achievement. (READ MORE)
• Every Tuesday, PCC employees and students are encouraged to show their school spirit by wearing their PCC royal blue. We call it "Turn It Blue Tuesday." (FACEBOOK PHOTO GALLERY)
• We are proud of our current students and graduates and love sharing their stories of success. If you are a PCC student or alum and have a success story you would like to share, please email Rob Goldberg, PCC communications director, so we can be sure to include you on our "Creating Success" web page.
Upcoming Events ...
• Dec. 9-10 - Exam Jam
• Dec. 10 - PCC Symphony Orchestra Holiday Concert
• Dec. 20-Jan. 21 - Campus Closed (Christmas Break)
• Jan. 3 - Walk-In Registration
• Jan. 6 - Walk-In Registration
• Jan. 7 - Spring Semester Begins
• Be sure to watch "PCC Outreach with Ernis Lee" Mondays at 8:30 p.m. on Cable Channel 23.
Athletics Quick Hitters ...
• With wins over previously undefeated Richard Bland College on Dec. 4 and Bryant & Stratton College Saturday, the PCC basketball team is now 5-2 overall this season. The Bulldogs travel to Vance-Granville Community College Dec. 11 before taking off for Christmas Break. (2013-14 SCHEDULE)
• Former PCC volleyball player Megan Mansfield—now starring for William Peace University—was named to the USA South All-Conference Second Team for her performance during the 2013 season. (READ MORE)
• Check out photos of the 2013-14 PCC Basketball team on Facebook.
Upcoming Home Athletic Events ...
• Jan. 11 - Basketball vs. Patrick Henry Community College
• Jan. 15 - Basketball vs. Wake Tech
• Jan. 17 - Basketball vs. Mid-Atlantic Christian University
• Jan. 18 - Basketball vs. Guilford Tech
• Jan. 23 - Basketball vs. Lenoir Community College
• Jan. 25 - Basketball vs. Richard Bland College