Find PCC on Facebook and join the 4,364 fans already receiving our latest news, photos, videos, events and announcements!
Pitt County Voters Approve Bond
PCC Foundation Honors Students, Donors
Three Students Earn SECU Scholarships
|Through its member-funded SECU Foundation, State Employees’ Credit Union members awarded $750-SECU Continuing Education Scholarships to three PCC students on Oct. 8.|
November 2013 Edition Quick Hitters ...
• Each month, President G. Dennis Massey provides a "College Update" with the latest college news. Click HERE for Dr. Massey's November 2013 update.
• Classroom success paid off in the form of a scholarship last month for a PCC radiography student. (READ ARTICLE)
• PCC Trustees recently honored Sylvia D. Cannon for 29 years of service to the college. (PHOTO)
• Rodney Bullock, an instructor with Altitude Academy of Barbering, was recently presented with the “Standing on the Shoulders of Giants Award” by the Minority and/or Women Business Enterprise organization. (READ ARTICLE)
• A new version of high school equivalency testing will go into effect at the start of next year, making it imperative for students who have begun the testing process since 2002 to complete it prior to December. (READ ARTICLE)
• PCC's NEXT LEVEL Minority Male Mentoring program held a workshop on financial literacy in the G.H. Leslie Building Oct. 16. (PHOTO)
• President G. Dennis Massey presented a certificate of appreciation to Building Construction Technology's Bill Hill and Tim Pinkham last month on behalf of Pitt Community Schools and Recreation. (PHOTO)
• Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society welcomed 20 new members to its ranks last month for demonstrating high academic achievement at the college. (READ ARTICLE)
• The PCC Student Government Association held its annual Fall Fest event Oct. 17. (WATCH VIDEO)
• The Continuing Education Division announced in October the launch of a new course through its ed2go partnership on “Using Social Media in Business.” (READ ARTICLE)
• The PCC Foundation took fundraising to new heights this fall in an effort to raise money for student scholarships and educational activities at the college. (READ ARTICLE)
• Accompanied by PCC music instructor Randolph Stephenson and TRiO Director LaTonya Nixon, students in PCC’s Elements of Praise gospel choir and Bull Dog Beat pep band traveled to Bald Head Island last month. (PHOTO)
• The PCC Foundation held another successful Golf Classic at Greenville Country Club Oct. 3 to raise money for student scholarships and educational activities at the college. (RESULTS/VIDEO/PHOTOS)
• The Automotive Systems Technology program held its “Second Annual Cruise-In/Open House” on Oct. 12 outside of the Construction and Industrial Technology Building. (WATCH VIDEO)
• Gayle Pate, clinical coordinator for PCC Therapeutic Massage, recently completed 20 hours of continuing education in Neuromuscular Therapy (NMT). She has completed three out of four required sections of this course to become certified through the NMT Center.
• Dr. Ray Taylor was honored last month for being the college's nominee for the N.C. Community College System's Excellence in Teaching Award. (PHOTO)
• CIT Career Day took place on campus last month. (WATCH VIDEO)
• Every Tuesday, PCC employees and students are encouraged to show their school spirit by wearing their PCC royal blue. We call it "Turn It Blue Tuesday." (FACEBOOK PHOTO GALLERY)
• We are proud of our current students and graduates and love sharing their stories of success. If you are a PCC student or alum and have a success story you would like to share, please email Rob Goldberg, PCC communications director, so we can be sure to include you on our "Creating Success" web page.
Upcoming Events ...
• Nov. 11-Dec. 8 - Priority Registration
• Nov. 20 - Spanish Language Table
• Nov. 21 - American Red Cross Blood Drive
• Nov. 25 - "Super Success Me" PTK Success Seminar
• Nov. 28-Dec. 1 - College Closed (Thanksgiving)
• Dec. 9-10 - Exam Jam
• Be sure to watch "PCC Outreach with Ernis Lee" Mondays at 8:30 p.m. on Cable Channel 23.
Basketball Evens Record After 0-2 Start
RALEIGH—DeMarkus Forbes scored 31 points and grabbed nine rebounds to power Pitt Community College past Sandhills Community College Friday, 84-78, in the Lids Team Sports (Region X) Blast-Off Tournament.
With the victory, the Bulldogs evened their record at 2-2 overall, after starting out the season with two losses in the Montgomery College (Md.) Tip-Off Tournament.
Athletics Quick Hitters ...
• Before closing out the season with a loss to Guilford Tech on Oct. 29, PCC Volleyball won its final home game of the 2013 campaign. The 3-0 victory over visiting Brunswick Community College Oct. 23 was the final game in the Charles Coburn Center for sophomores Heather Lucas, Anais Martinez and Peyton Sudheimer. PCC finished the season with a 9-18 record.
• Sophomore basketball player JaQuan Blount was recently featured in the 'Bulldog Spotlight'.
Upcoming Home Events ...
• Dec. 7 - Basketball vs. Bryant and Stratton College
• Jan. 11 - Basketball vs. Patrick Henry Community College
• Jan. 15 - Basketball vs. Wake Tech
• Jan. 17 - Basketball vs. Mid-Atlantic Christian University
• Jan. 18 - Basketball vs. Guilford Tech
• Jan. 23 - Basketball vs. Lenoir Community College
• Jan. 25 - Basketball vs. Richard Bland College