Find PCC on Facebook and join the 3,869 fans already receiving our latest news, photos, videos, events and announcements!
Commissioner Garris Will Speak to Grads
|PCC will hold its annual spring commencement May 13 with Pitt County Commissioner Jimmy Garris addressing members of the college’s 2013 graduating class. (READ MORE)|
Employees Honored during Annual Program
|PCC celebrated employee achievements last month with the 30th Annual Employee Appreciation and Recognition Evening. (READ MORE)|
Alumni Association Holds Awards Banquet
|The PCC Alumni Association honored seven outstanding graduates for their accomplishments professionally, in the community and in service to their alma mater. (READ MORE)|
May 2013 Edition Quick Hitters ...
• Each month, President G. Dennis Massey provides a "College Update" with the latest college news. Click HERE for Dr. Massey's May 2013 update.
• PCC Foundation officials announced last month that the R.O. Everett Family Scholarship Endowment Fund has been established to assist students at the college, beginning with the fall semester in August. (READ ARTICLE)
• PCC and Pitt County Schools partnered to give students from the county’s six public high schools a closer look at manufacturing and engineering careers. (PHOTO GALLERY)
• Students shared their thoughts on how social media has affected everyday communication as they competed against one another in the college’s annual public speaking contest. (READ ARTICLE)
• Nicole Clark, a rising senior at East Carolina University, created an e-journal on her trip to the British Isles through PCC Abroad. (READ ARTICLE)
• PCC's annual Earth Day Fair took place on campus April 17. (PHOTO GALLERY)
• The Snap-on Masters of Metal Tour was on campus last month in front of the Construction and Industrial Technology (CIT) Building. (PHOTO GALLERY)
• The PCC Alumni Association held the 2013 Bulldog Run on campus April 14. (PHOTO GALLERY)
• PCC and Town of Winterville officials cut the ribbon on a new addition to campus April 26. (PHOTO GALLERY)
• SGA held its annual Spring Fling event on campus April 10 in front of the Ed and Joan Warren Building. (PHOTO GALLERY)
• After organizing a successful professional men's clothing drive earlier this spring, the PCC Men's Resource Center hosted the "Best Foot Forward Men's Clothing Store" in the Charles Russell Building. (PHOTO)
• The Women's Resource Center organized a program last month to provide women with basic automotive knowledge they can use to feel confident about taking their cars to a shop for maintenance and repairs. (PHOTO)
• As part of its 'Alumni Weekend,' the PCC Alumni Association held a party at the Hilton Greenville that featured The Emily Minor Band. (PHOTO GALLERY)
• We are proud of our current students and graduates and love sharing their stories of success. If you are a PCC student or alum and have a success story you would like to share, please email Rob Goldberg, PCC communications director, so we can be sure to include you on our "Creating Success" web page.
Upcoming Events ...
• May 13 - Graduation
• May 21 - Walk-in Registration
• May 22 - Summer Classes Begin
• May 25-27 - Memorial Day Holiday (Campus Closed)
• Be sure to watch "PCC Outreach with Ernis Lee" Mondays at 8:30 p.m. on Cable Channel 23.
Softball Headed Back to National Tourney
The PCC softball program will make its third national championship appearance next week, after winning the Region X Conference/District I Tournament in Aiken, S.C.
On April 28, the Bulldogs broke a 3-3 tie with Spartanburg Methodist College in the top of the seventh, when sophomore shortstop Cassie Harrell reached first on an infield single to the shortstop with the bases loaded and one out. Brooke Bell beat the throw home on the play to make it 4-3 Bulldogs.
Freshman pitcher Jaimee Radel worked a 1-2-3 seventh to close out the victory for PCC, which will make its third national championship appearance under head coach Junior Bailey this month in St. George, Utah. The first round of the national junior college tourney gets underway May 15.
May 2013 Athletics Quick Hitters ...
• After a season in which he averaged 20.5 points and 6.9 rebounds per game, D.H. Conley's Josh Cox has signed on to play with Pitt Community College next season. Cox, who shot 49 percent from the floor as a senior for the Vikings, was named The Daily Reflector's Player of the Year in April. (PHOTO)
• PCC basketball's Mike Tyson has signed with Fayetteville State University. A 6-8, 257-pound forward from Kinston, Tyson helped lead Coach Darrick Mullins' Bulldogs to a 20-8 record during the 2012-13 season. (PHOTO)
• Seven sophomores - Jordyn Peay, Amber Gelinas, Erica Sage, Katie Jackson, Kate Hanley, Dana Branch and Cassie Harrell - played their final home games for PCC April 20 at Winterville Recreation Park. (PHOTO GALLERY)
• Baseball closed out the regular season with a 27-17 overall record. (PHOTO GALLERY)