Auto-forwarding myPittCC email to GroupWise
If you want to setup your myPittCC email to auto-forward to GroupWise, do the following:
- Log in to myPittCC and go into your myPittCC email account.
- Click the little flower or gear symbol beside your email address in the top, right part of the screen.
- Click "Settings".
- Click "Forwarding and POP/IMAP" near the middle of the menu tabs across the top.
- Make your choices in the top section called "Forwarding".
- Follow the prompts and instructions on screen from that point to completion.
NOTE: Make sure that when you are finished setting this up, that you choose "Forward a copy of incoming mail to . . ." (because it will be set on "Disable forwarding" by default.)
Important considerations . . .
- Even though you set up your myPittCC email to auto-forward to GroupWise, we do recommend that you check your myPittCC email account occasionally to make sure you haven't missed anything in case of myPittCC-to-GroupWise sending issues.
- During the setup process, where it shows the choices regarding what to do with email after it's forwarded, we recommend you elect to "Keep" email that is sent to your myPittCC email account in your inbox in myPittCC. "Archiving" it there doesn't allow you to easily see there what you may have missed if forwarding fails; you would have to know what you are looking for or is missing, and "Delete" removes it completely. You can choose to "Mark it read" in myPittCC if you like, as that will keep it in your inbox as well, but with a has-been-read indication.
*NOTE: If you want to check Gmail on a MOBILE device, use that device's GMAIL (not generic email) setup routine to setup the account on that device.