Mission, Goals, and Values
The Planning and Research Department's mission is to support decision-making and develop resources for PCC.
- Service - The P&R Department seeks to be proactive and responsive, providing quality information and services in a positive, timely, and courteous manner. The Department seeks to operate free from bias or favoritism, delivering services fairly and equitably.
- Research - The P&R Department seeks to locate, generate and communicate accurate and reliable information to facilitate teaching excellence and informed decision-making at all levels of the College.
- Communication - The P&R Department seeks first to listen to its customers and stakeholders in a deliberate, thoughtful, and respectful manner and then to convey pertinent information through processes that are appropriate, accurate, and effective.
- Organizational Growth - The P&R Department seeks to progressively educate and empower Pitt Community College personnel for success in their jobs.
- Loyalty. Always use positive words and actions when referring to the college, the employees, and the students even if disagreeing with actions and behaviors. Support decisions once they are made. Agree to disagree agreeably.
- Honesty. Have the courage to express opinions and offer suggestions in a loyal, considerate manner. Never deliberately give incorrect information or withhold correct information.
- Teamwork. Seek to synergize. Offer help and suggestions to each other to insure that the division meets its goals.
- Diligence. Keep the end in mind. Work effectively and efficiently to complete tasks and meet deadlines. Prioritize activities to focus on the most important things.
- Trustworthiness. Be ethical in all matters. Endeavor to be reliable and dependable for both teammates and customers.
- Integrity. Be consistent in modeling departmental and personal principles. Be loyal to Team members not present.
- Learning. Continue to keep abreast of and use the most current information and techniques to do our jobs.
- Fun. Find ways to make our work enjoyable. Smile and laugh sincerely and appropriately.