Student Veterans' Association
Who we are
The Student Veterans Association was established in the spring of 2011 (see our Constitution). It is an organization primarily composed of veterans and veteran supporters. Since establishment, the organization has volunteered with several organizations throughout the community and sponsored the annual Veterans Salute in November.
The Student Veterans Association serves four main purposes:
- To provide an organization in which student veterans can feel welcomed and receive the help that is needed to assist with transitioning and becoming a more successful student.
- To raise awareness and provide information about programs which are available to help our veterans.
- To raise public awareness of the needs of our veterans and veterans’ programs.
- To raise money for veteran support programs throughout the community.
Transitioning from the military to college can be an overwhelming process for returning service men and women. The PCC Student Veterans Association is an organization in which student veterans can feel welcomed and receive the help that is needed in transitioning and becoming a more successful student. PCC is proud to serve those who have served our country and is making a continued effort to meet the needs of its over 500 student veterans.
This organization is open to all students who have served or are serving in the armed forces and for students who wish to show their support. For more information, contact Alison Trenga at 252-493-7332 or Ken Peel at 252-493-7645.
Dates for upcoming meetings:
- Wed, 19 March @ 1230
- Wed, 9 April @ 1230
- Mon, 5 May @ 12:00--HAIL AND FAREWELL meeting
All Meetings are held in Goess 135.