PCC Association of Nursing Students
The purpose of PCCANS is:
- To assume responsibility for contributing to nursing education in order to provide for the highest quality of health care.
- To provide programs representative of fundamental interests and concerns to nursing students.
- To aid in the development of the whole person, his/her professional role, his/her responsibility for health care of people in all walks of life.
- To promote a positive image of nursing practice.
The function of PCCANS shall include the following:
- To have direct input into standards of nursing education and influence the education process.
- To influence health care, nursing education and practice through legislative activities as appropriate.
- To promote and encourage participation in community affairs and activities towards improved health care and the resolution of related social issues.
- To represent nursing students to the consumer, to institutions, and other organizations.
- To promote and encourage recruitment efforts, participation in student activities, and educational opportunities regardless of a person’s race, color, creed, sex, national origin, age, or economic status.
- To promote and encourage collaborative relationships with nursing and health related organizations including the North Carolina Association of Nursing Students (NCANS) and National Student Nurses’ Association (NSNA).