for Clubs and Organizations
Campus organizations shall be open to all students meeting membership criteria without respect to race, creed, national origin, sex, or disability. All clubs and organizations must conform to local, state and federal laws. No club or organization shall interfere or support interference with the regular academic pursuit of any student. No club or organization shall cause or encourage non-attendance of classes or campus activities without prior consent of proper college officials. Clubs or organizations shall not encourage any action that might cause disrepute to a student, staff, instructor, or college activity.
Students are encouraged to take an active role in clubs on campus and to establish other clubs and organizations that fulfill the objectives of Pitt Community College. To charter a club or organization, the following must be filed with the Vice President for Student Development or designee:
- Purpose of the club or organization
- Name of the advisor
- Names of charter members (minimum of 10 charter members required)
- A constitution and/or a written statement which includes the following statements:
- Only students registered at Pitt Community College will be officers and/or voting members of the organization
- No discrimination on the basis of race, creed, gender, handicap, or national origin shall exist within the organization (please specify all criteria for membership)
A charter will be issued to the organization upon approval of the Vice President for Student Development Services. Any student organization found guilty of violating State or Federal law or the policies of Pitt Community College shall be disbanded by the College.
Chartered organizations must submit the following information to the Student Activities Coordinator:
- Dates, times, and locations of regularly scheduled meetings
- Name, addresses, and phone numbers of officers
- Information on regional, state, and national affiliations