Infrastructure Services acts as an on-campus network support service and Internet Service Provider for the faculty, staff, and organizations of Pitt Community College. We provide:
- Blackboard Server Administration
- Departmental and Instructional Server Management
- GroupWise - Staff & Faculty e-mail
- Network connectivity
- Overall network security for PCC
- Research and development of network services
- Web Technical Support
- Web hosting of PCC website
The IT Infrastructure Services department is the central interface for PCC IT infrastructure services and future planning for growth. This department is responsible for:
- Network Services. Provides network services to all faculty/staff, network management and day-to-day network and VOIP operations needs. Also responsible for all critical network related servers such as DNS, DHCP, Radius and firewall logging.
- Enterprise Systems Service. Responsible for functional deployment and operational management of central directories such as corporate e-mail systems, enterprise management of electronic mail services, and Learning Management Systems.
- Systems Administration Services. Provides unique systems administration functions for individual departments (departmental specific servers) who have a Service Level Agreement with OITS.
- Software/Server Services. Provides software and server support for business critical applications such as Groupwise and Blackboard and for departmental unique Service Level Agreements.
- Web Services. Responsible for PCC's web/internet technology systems. This entails systems administration of multiple servers, web application development, and the deployment and operation of intranet/Internet technologies.
For help with any of these services please contact the PCC Technical Support Helpdesk at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 493-7487 and submit a request.