Human Resources Development (HRD)
It is important to know exactly what employers look for when hiring full-time employees. In addition to relevant skills, employers seek employees who have the personal values, characteristics, and personality traits that spell success. Good personal values are what make the foundation for a good employee. This program offers an opportunity to learn the skills and behaviors along with the work values that are required for success in the workplace.
Let us teach you how to:
- Network effectively to find career opportunities
- Determine if a posted opportunity is right for you
- Improve employability skills
- Write a resume and cover letter
- Fill out an application correctly
- Prepare for an interview
- Keep that new job and get promoted
Check out our available courses here.
What are Employability Skills?
Employability skills have been defined as a set of achievements, understandings and personal attributes that make individuals more likely to gain employment and to be successful in their chosen occupations. The purpose of this program is to help individuals to achieve the set goals or objectives. The world of work is an activity that is directed toward making or doing something. It mainly involves mental or physical effort so as to achieve the set goals.
Do I Qualify for the Fee Waiver?
Individuals may be granted a waiver of class registration fees if they meet one of four criteria:
- Are unemployed
- Have received notification of pending layoff
- Are working and are eligible for federal earned income tax credit
- Are working and earning wages at or below two hundred percent (200%) of the federal poverty guidelines
For more information: