How to Request a Transcript
Official transcripts bear the College seal and the Registrar's signature. If you are forwarding them to another party (e.g. another college or university, potential employer, etc.) where an official transcript is needed, you should not open the envelope.
(Looking for an Adult High School transcript?...)
Pitt Community College cannot provide you with copies of transcripts from other schools you have attended. If such transcripts are needed, please contact those schools directly.
If you are currently enrolled and your request is marked "hold for final grades" or "hold for degree," we will hold your request until grades or degree are posted, or until you notify us otherwise.
The fee for transcripts whether ordered online, by mail, or in person, is $5 per copy.
ELECTRONIC TRANSCRIPT PROCESSING & DELIVERY IS HERE!!
Ordering Official Transcripts
Pitt Community College has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse; to provide transcript ordering via the Web. Transcripts may be requested 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Online transcript requests submitted on weekends or while the College is closed for holidays will be processed in the order received when the College re-opens. You can order transcripts using any major credit card. Your card will only be charged after your order has been completed. To order official transcripts online:
Instructions for requesting transcripts online:
- Login in to the National Student Clearinghouse secure site
- The site will walk you through placing your order, including delivery options and fees. You can order as many transcripts as you like in a single session. There is a fee of $5 per copy.
- To ensure confidentiality and to comply with federal regulations, your signed authorization is required to issue transcripts. For your convenience, the Clearinghouse's online ordering service will generate a consent form for you that may be signed online or that you may return to the Clearinghouse by fax, mail, or as a scanned email attachment.
- Order updates will be emailed to you from the Clearinghouse. You can also track your order online.
- If you need help or have questions about the Clearinghouse's transcript ordering service, you may contact them by email at email@example.com or phone: (703) 742-7791.
If you must include additional documents or forms from other institutions with your transcript in the official sealed envelope, or you do not have a Master or Visa credit/debit card, you may order transcripts using the Transcript Request Form by mail or in person at the Admissions & Records Office
How long does it take?
Transcript requests are processed in the order that they are received. Unless you have an outstanding financial obligation to Pitt Community College or another hold on your records, requested transcripts are usually mailed in 1-2 business days and mailed via the US Postal Service with first class postage. This does not include delivery time which will depend on where the transcripts are being sent and timeliness of the US Postal Service. Processing may take longer time during peak times (e.g., the beginning and end of each semester).
Who can request official transcripts?
Only students can request the release of official transcripts.
What if I have an outstanding financial or other obligation with the college?
If you submit a request for official transcripts and you have any outstanding obligations, we will contact you.
Ordering Transcripts by Mail
You may download a Transcript Request Form or include the required information in a letter and mail it to:
Pitt Community College
Office of Admissions and Records
PO Drawer 7007
Greenville, NC 27835-7007
Your request must include:
- your name and current address
- any previous names you were enrolled under
- your dates of attendance
- social security number (optional)
- the address where you would like the transcript sent
- your signature
- a telephone number and/or email address where you can be reached if there are questions about your request
- The transcript fee of $5 per copy Transcripts must be paid in advance by cash, check, or money order in U.S. Dollars. The fee cannot be billed to your student account. Checks should be made payable to Pitt Community College. We cannot accept credit card payments for mail requests.
Note: We are unable to issue a transcript without your signed authorization.
The Registrar's Office is located in Goess Student Center and is open from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday, 8 a.m. to 5:15 p.m. Tuesday through Thursday and 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Friday.
Students and alumnae/i, may complete transcript request forms in the Registrar's Office but transcripts are not issued while you wait.
Transcripts From Other Schools
Printable Transcript Request Form used to request transcripts from other schools.
For further information
Call the Office of the Registrar at (252) 493-7232.