The mission of the Radiography Program is to teach and train students accepted into the program the skills that will enable them to graduate, pass the national certification examination administered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists, gain employment in the radiologic sciences, and be valued highly by their employers.
Goals and Program Learning Outcomes
Goal 1: The Radiography Program will prepare students to use critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- PLO 1: Students will analyze the quality of a finished radiograph for acceptability.
- PLO 2: Students will demonstrate sound problem-solving techniques in correcting unacceptable radiographs at entry-level competence.
Goal 2: The Radiography Program will graduate students that are clinically competent.
- PLO 3: Students will perform non-routine radiographic procedures on trauma and age specific populations.
- PLO 4: Students will perform routine radiographic procedures on pediatric, adults, and elderly patients.
- PLO 5: Students will provide quality patient care during diagnostic procedures.PLO PLO 6: Students will apply the priniciples of radiation protection for patients, self, and other personnel.
Goal 3: The Radiography Program will prepare students to communicate effectively.
- PLO 7: Students will demonstrate effective communication skills with age-specific patients.
- PLO 8: Students will demonstrate effective communication skills with faculty andmedical staff.
Goal 4: The Radiography Program will graduate students that model professionalism.
- PLO 9: Students will recognize the need for lifelong learning opportunities available for professional growth.
Goal 5: The Radiography Program will monitor program effectiveness.
- PLO10: Graduates will pass the ARRT certification exam.