The Arts and Sciences Division
Dr. Stephanie Manley-Rook, Division Director
The Arts and Sciences Division embraces eight departments (see links at left) with 66 full-time faculty and from 50 to 100 part-time faculty.
It is PCC's largest division, covering virtually all of the general education courses plus:
- Skill-Building Courses
- University Transfer Programs
- Three Technical Departments.
Arts & Sciences personnel have:
- Been nominated for excellence in teaching awards
- Participated in local, regional, and state leadership training
- Written textbooks
- Developed multimedia tools for commercial use
- Supervised state-wide curriculum improvement projects
- Played instrumental roles in the College's Total Quality Improvement initiative.
To educate and empower students in University Transfer, Biotechnology, and AGE technical programs and students in developmental and general education courses for success . . .
- In life
- In higher education
- In the workforce
- In a global economy
- Encouraging lifelong learning
- Establishing positive learning environments
- Ensuring academic excellence
- Enhancing economic development and quality of life and
- Emphasizing multicultural experiences